The 2004 HSC - Business Studies Paper (1 Viewer)

superbird

HSC
btw wats the answer to the first multiple choice question. decision making, interpersonal or teamwork?
also for the 2nd. i put price discrimination, later found out it was wrong. i think its meant to be resale price maintenance, however my textbook has it as RETAIL price maintenance. i think retail and resale mean the same thing neway...

mitch_07

HSC
would u have gotten q28 wrong if u talked about mannaging global business heding, derivatives, creadit risk insurance and obtaining finance instead of internal and external sources of funds plz telll me asap
mitch_07

Channy

you noe what...all round the paper wasnt what i expected..there were a few tricky multiple choice where i was pickin between 2 answers..the short answers were fairly straight out..umm so was the report but that last extended response was a bit hows it going... ahh well fingers crossed guys!!! :D

HSC
sparkl3z said:
i got 600 000/ 500 000 coz i put intangiablez as a Current asset...did any1 else get dat?
Yeah i got that too
so far it looks like i got axed on multichoice
the extendeds were ok though- just made up case studies cos we only did one in class or quessed some
i only had time for 3 sources though- mortage, loan and overseas borrowing

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
superbird said:
btw wats the answer to the first multiple choice question. decision making, interpersonal or teamwork?
also for the 2nd. i put price discrimination, later found out it was wrong. i think its meant to be resale price maintenance, however my textbook has it as RETAIL price maintenance. i think retail and resale mean the same thing neway...
llol i put b, whatevr b was i think informational but its fckn rwong it was a i rekon

golferjim

HSC
so- how much did everyone write for the extended repsonses.
I wrote

10 and 7

mitch_07

HSC
Posts: 17 would u have gotten q28 wrong if u talked about mannaging global business heding, derivatives, creadit risk insurance and obtaining finance instead of internal and external sources of funds plz telll me asap
mitch_07

golferjim

HSC
u wouldnt have got it wrong, just lose a few marks. I included hedging and derivatives in my answer but i also put debt and equity finance

cantoboi

Biz repor

for effective employment relations do u hav to talk bout grievance procedures, team briefings, induction programs and da da da da da? or just measures of effectiveness?

Acid

HSC
highoctane said:
for effective employment relations do u hav to talk bout grievance procedures, team briefings, induction programs and da da da da da? or just measures of effectiveness?
I just did measures of effectiveness...

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
wat did pple rite for da behavioural qn how it sed state 2 things about it or sumthing

mitch_07

HSC
thanks golferjim
does it matter that i didnt mention equity funds or debt funds cause i talked about stupid hedging i hope they r lenient cause i still have case study will be happy with 15/20 u reckon ill get that i need this reassurance because iam driving myself mad plz help
thanks so muchly mitch_07

Acid

HSC
sparkl3z said:
wat did pple rite for da behavioural qn how it sed state 2 things about it or sumthing
Short chain of command
Wide span of control

uplatelunatic

Hey all - hope you all did well

How happy am i that business is over!!!!

Im not completely positive about my responses but in terms of some of you guys questions

- I found M/C pretty straight forward, although first q through me for a bit my answers were:
1a) 2b) 3c) 4d) 5a) 6d) 7d) 8 b) 9b) 10b) 11a) 12c) 13b) 14d) 15d) 16c) 17c) 18d) 19b) 20a)

- The short answer questions i was pleasantly suprised with. I was a little cut though considering i went to the effort of learning all those useless ratio formulae i was pretty cuy i didnt even have to use them.

- I also got 1:1 for the q. you are all arguing about. I am pretty sure intangibles is non-current as it cant be turned into cash in less than 12mths, just like the property itself, goodwill is sold than.

- What did you all put about the mango ice cream?

- The two extended responses I wrote 17 for the business report, quite liked it, it was a little different

- For the other one i did question 27 about role of financial planning and effectiveness of financial strategies in managing global business . I wrote 9 pages but i must say, those 2 questions were a little bit unexpected, but still approachable.

So yeah, I was pretty happy with the exam, felt really positive afterwards.

I have 9 exams altogether, that was my 4th one so now i only have 5 more to go. YAY!

Keep the posts coming, they are really interesting to read after the exam.

CYA!

Ashlay

reply to strengths and weaknesses on behavioural management

one Strength:
increases worker morale because it focuses on human aspects in leading

weaknesses:
slow decision making
lack of accountability

cantoboi

Why?

why only measures of effectiveness?
wasnt it talkin bout effective employment relations?

T*

does anyone kno where i can c the paper...like is posted up anywhere?

mitch_07

HSC
does it matter that i didnt mention equity funds or debt funds cause i talked about stupid hedging i hope they r lenient cause i still have case study will be happy with 15/20 u reckon ill get that i need this reassurance because iam driving myself mad plz help
thanks so muchly mitch_07

finnos

I think it was 1:1 (capital ratio) cause there were some long-term (noncurrent) debt there as well, and intagibles aren't included... or are they? bah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)