The 2004 HSC - Mathematics Extension 1 Paper (1 Viewer)

lamchopz

Christian Unionist
HSC
fasin8r said:
yeh it was y=4a,
that paper was impossible to finish for even the abova average kids....i think not many ppl in the state finished, this years average will be lower way lower...man i thought trials were meant to be harder then the hsc !!!

i think many ppl did well. obviously ur mistaken buddy....hsc is the pinnacle of exams. :D

vicksta

HSC
I am so in awe of all you people who thought it was easy and got >80!!!! I thought that was THE hardest test ive ever done...i almost cried, cos i kept looking at qustions and completely going blank. Plus i completely ran out of time!!! ARRgh!!!

Oh well...what can ya do? Yay!! no more maths...for a while at least

Charon.

HSC
N/A
EASY!!!! Are u people f*cking insane! That test was hard. I suppose all ext maths tests are except that one was harder than even i expected. Time was no problem with me cause i had to leave many questions cause i couldnt do them. Im so glad i have 13 units so theres no way in hell thatll be counted in my uai

bertevans

okay, for q7(a)(III), i got t = 4:28. thus the time that the ship leaves is 4:28 after 1:00am, making the answer 5:28. why isn't this right?

blue_panda_bec

I got 6:28... was that wrong?

I thought it was a hard test because of the marks allocated (same as 4u) too many questions worth 1 mark that req'd more than 1 marks worth of working... People who have time to check over their answers - how fast do you write? geez

crockojnr

worst ever i agree

Well i know i failed, i answered less than half the q's.

Oh and at the end i realised my calculator had been in radian mode the whole time.

I laughed.

~MC MATAR~

oi i wrote on the inside cover cuz i have stupid supervisors who take ages to give me a booklet. Do you guys reckon that it will still be counted cuz i put answers on em?

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
Blardi SHM and binomials. Left q7 all blank. Poor me. Lucky q6 was a relatively easy 12 marks. ><" and

God did that test suck. It sucked the biggest suck that you could ever fecking suck.

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
i knew it was Y=-4a soo much people were telling me it was Y=-a bah.

For those who did Q7 part b) you are obviously more superior then me :p That question was just beyond me ....had no clue. Other then that the test was taxing on time but not extremely hard.

HQ_BUDDY

paper

thx jezzabelle86 for posting the pages but what about the booklets that the qustions are relating to lpz post them up

roseangel

Take the Money and Run
HSC
haha... that test was a joke. i mean, seriously. it took me like three minutes to get all of question 7 out. i think i made a little mistake in question 5 though, which is a shame. i was really expecting to get 84 in that

IN CASE YOU COULDN'T TELL, I WAS BEING SARCASTIC

worst. exam. ever. thank GOD i do 12 units so that one doesn't have to count. then again, i knew it wouldn't count before i went in there. je detest SHM, projectiles, binomial, circle geometry... what else was in there...?

well lets just say i hate all of 3 unit except newton's approximation. and i used to not hate mathematical induction, except after screwing it up so badly in that exam (what i got what like the upside down version of what i was supposed to be finding), it is now on my list.

LUCKILY I NEVER HAVE TO THINK ABOUT MATHS AGAIN!!

suiyi_z

part b) q7 was comparing co-efficients of the expressions right?
it was harder than i expected.

did anyone get the latest time as 4:28 am?? i got the time as 3 hours 48 mins add to 1am then minus 20 mins.

everything up to last bit of q7 was pretty good though

bhavo

suiyi_z said:
part b) q7 was comparing co-efficients of the expressions right?
it was harder than i expected.

did anyone get the latest time as 4:28 am?? i got the time as 3 hours 48 mins add to 1am then minus 20 mins.

everything up to last bit of q7 was pretty good though

yep to everything. in 7b), yr equating co-effiecients of x^k from memory. the last part involves using the part before it and part i) to get that expression, which is also equating the coeffs of x^k

cephren

...hmmm... interesting... I believe that I didnt see a question having any relation 2 time... so im guessing it was that big-arse essay that someone shoved on my face after the exam was finished... i never saw Q 6 or 7... I answered a max 47 out of 84 marks which equates to proably a 40 which is not even a pass... F*** that She Art...

...ok - if I knew the chapter on Parametrics & Projectiles existed then I might have done alright... The only study/homework Ive done is the TRIAL HSC EXAM itself... I have a viral infection which caused me to blow the gurl in front of me off her seat in one of my many coughing fits... (exaggeration)... My head was literally overheating and as a result I fainted for approximately 27mins of that exam (NO exaggeration)...

...besides that I had no time to finish... I know the max I could have got being fulli fit would have been a 70/84...

...how was that NOT a hard test???... I mean seriously - even 4 the child genii... that has got to be challenging... at least APPRECIATE how hard it was for the Pre-destined Beta-Minuses...

...not that im making excuses or anything... I just thought the fainting in the HSC (not from shock either mind u) was rather interesting... no?... fine... but as YODA says: Up The Shut F***...

...Hurrah! Yay! Poke Me In The Eye...
...There Goes My Friggin U - A - I....

...ANYONE WHO DOES NOT CONFORM TO THE POP-CULTURE OF MUSIC - PM ME IF INTERESTED IN HAVING A GOOD OLE CHINWAG BOUT SOME She Art... i.e SENTENCED, OPETH, ABIGOR, VEHEMENCE, CANDLEMASS, TYPE-O-NEGATIVE, BEHEMOTH, GORGOROTH, XASTHUR, BATHORY, CELTIC FROST, SUSPERIA, DIMMU BORGIR, ALL THAT REMAINS, DREAM THEATER, ENCHANT, MAYADOME, PAIN OF SALVATION, SPIRAL ARCHITECT, RAKOTH, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, FROM AUTUMN TO ASHES, A STATIC LULLABY, HOPESFALL, SKYCAMEFALLING, LAMB OF GOD, 36 CRAZYFISTS, CHIMAIRA, THERION, SATYRICON, DEVILDRIVER, ILL NINO, ATREYU, OSI, PORCUPINE TREE, AYREON, AMBEON, BRUJERIA, SEPULTURA, RHAPSODY, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, CHILDREN OF BODOM, A PERFECT CIRCLE, OLD MAN'S CHILD, KATATONIA, KATAKLYSM, KRYPTOPSY, SKINLAB, KALMAH, TIAMAT... any more?... well im tired of typing... remotely interested?.... (Bare in mind these are fairly mainstream bands as I have omitted any with offensive names)...

Veck

acmilan said:
What time did people get for 7(a)(iii)

haha I left this because I had ten minutes left once I'd finished the paper (leaving about four questions out) and went back and did this in the last minute! my working's really dodgy though so I hope they'll count it, maybe 2/3? don't know.. aside from that I reckon 70s/84 probably.

garry

Teleph said:
i knew it was soo much people were telling me it was Y=-a bah.

For those who did Q7 part b) you are obviously more superior then me :p That question was just beyond me ....had no clue. Other then that the test was taxing on time but not extremely hard.
Y=-4a ? that simple? :mad: i just got pq=-4 but then i found i can't get rid of the p and q in cartesion so i left it out.
.............another stupid mistake for me

imperfek_anjel

lolz stupid maths ext1!! throughout questions 1-4 i was struggling, then for q5-7, i dun think i answered 5 marks worth in total lolz. Lucky i do extra units n this shitty mark wont count....n screw everything in the course related to physics, God, do i care bout the fn plattoon drifting at xm/h away from the fn jetty? N wtf was wif the essay for qyestion 7? blah, thank god no maths exams again.....*sigh*

^iMPerFek AnJeL^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)