The BoS Official Gig Guide (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Missy Higgins: Wollongong University (UniBar)- 21 April
Come Together: Sydney Luna Park (Grinspoon, Sarah Blasko, Love Outside Andromeda, Gelbison + others) 25 April
Grinspoon: wollongong entertainment centre -5 May

soulshine

HSC
well, just in case you were all concerned about whether i went to ben folds or not, i'm here to inform you that i did :)
here is my tale:

i decided the honorable thing for me to do was to pass on my singular general admission ticket to my friend, which she was very grateful for.

THEN, the day before the concert, whilst browsing the ticket website, it came to my attention that there were still some single seated tickets available. just random lone seats here and there. and so i bought myself one! a nice cosy little spot all the way up in row U.

THEN at the gig, i decided to approach some security people and ask if they would let me in to the general admission area. and some of them were quite adamant in their refusal of my wishes.

but

THEN i tried the other side and a really lovely young man snuck me in!

so i was reunited with my friends and had the bestest night since the previous week when i went to cockatoo island festival.

but really, it was an INCREDIBLE (!!!!!!!!!) evening :D:D:D:D!!! yeeeeeeeeeew!

soulshine

HSC
and the moral of the story is, that where there is a will, there is a way. and ben folds is a beautiful beautiful man.

bitches ain't shit.

word.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
ok hate to gloat but i have to do this:
GIG(s):
Robert Hopkins [Demosthenes] and James Morrison. JAPAN AND CHINA april 7 till arpil 22.

sorry

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
thats a nice little story soulshine :) sounds like you had heaps of fun lol.

a Rob man *jealousy* :p thats great tho, seriously. you going with a big band i assume? you the youngest member? or is a youth band? i want more info! :D

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
dlivr are a really cool funky band....they are awesome......kinda a jazz funk fusion group, but lots of fun!
Check out their album launch gig:
ALBUM LAUNCH - 24TH SEPTEMBER @ THE BASEMENT, CIRCULAR QUAY
Will be slammin' :D

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
Jazz Man Tim said:
i read in the paper a while back about The Rite of Spring ballet being peformed by the QLD ballet and Taikoz... in June or July. im SO going to see that :D:D
Hey did u see the Rite of Spring? I was playing in the orchestra. Im in SYO.

roundy

HSC
if anyone here is in the newcastle area, on the 26th of october, one of my fav bands is playin at wheelers place next to the civic theatre, ANGELAS DISH!!!

as its my 17th that nite, a few of my friends and i will be partaking in the most enjoyable nite of my whole musical life!!!

the gig starts at 8:00, but im rockin up at 7:00

rowan brand

Monday night after the maths exams. James Morison And the awesome jazz acapella group "the Idea of North" in the blue mountains somewhere... get tickets from Koorong bookstore North Ryde, all proceeds go to Tear Fund (teh third world ppl who do great work)

Cant wait

Oh and check out www.tripartisanapproach.com for some emo jazz

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
Symphonic Fairytales

Check out Darling Harbour on Friday 13th January. The Sydney Festival presents Symphonic Fairytales. Its a free concert, so come along. It begins at 7.30pm.

Sparky_marky

HSC
Any brass players out there? Warringah and Willoughby City Brass Bands + their youth bands are playing at Dee Why RSL from 2 pm on Sunday, check 'em out, it'll be quality

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
A MidSummer Opera 2006 - Again, By request: Loves Lesson Learned By Alexander Sussman
-Student Rush available $20-

An opera workshop held in January 2006, for talented singers aged 14-21. The opera focuses on a group of high school students, preparing and going to their formal. A must see for any parent teacher, student or family preparing for the formal. Fun, intresting and a new style of oprea.

Angel Place, City Recital Hall-
Martin Place
April 1 2.30pm and 7.30pm

A reserve tickets: 50
B: 40
Student Rush: 20

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Sydney Conservatorium Symphony Orchestra
This saturday 29 April 2006
3 pm Vebruggen Hall.
Tickets around 15-20 student.. Forget adult price ^^

- Brahms Symphony no. 4
- Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2 Soloist: Clemens Leske

Come along hehe. It's fun xD we love playing the Rach, it's so... well bloody well known, but yes Fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)