The Crucible (1 Viewer)

JigglyJims

HSC
Hey Guys,

Our school is doing the Crucible as the prescribed text.

I don't want anybody to give me an essay, but i'm trying to figure out how you would write this type of essay on the Crucible.
"Not Bleonging can be a greater learning experience than belonging" Discuss this statement.

Cheers.</SPAN>

caseyje

HSC
hey
my school is using the crucible aswell

you could attack this question through the analysis of characters in the play

using John Proctor
Abigail Williams

discussing through themes how not belonging can be a greater learning experience than belonging

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Hey Guys,

Our school is doing the Crucible as the prescribed text.

I don't want anybody to give me an essay, but i'm trying to figure out how you would write this type of essay on the Crucible.
"Not Bleonging can be a greater learning experience than belonging" Discuss this statement.

Cheers.</SPAN>
One way to approach this is to look at the historical context of "The Crucible". Arthur Miller was accused of being a communist at the time he wrote this play, which mirrors the witchcraft allegations in the play itself. Miller refused to give evidence and name names when he was questioned, a bit like when Proctor refused to formally confess to wizardry in fear that it will damage his reputation.
Society progresses if the individuals undergo new learning experiences that allow them to change their ways of living. Miller deliberately places Proctor (symbol of not belonging) in a heroic spotlight and Abigail (symbol of belonging) as a "villain" which indicates that society can only progress if there are people who refuse to belong. As time progresses, we realise that Miller was merely a victim of Cold War paranoia much like Proctor was a victim of witchcraft paranoia.
A far greater learning experience is achieved when we reflect back on these historical events and realise that these 'rebels' were significant contributors in shaping society as it is today.

omg, I can't believe I just typed all that BS LOL :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)