The Da Vinci Code...THE MOVIE (1 Viewer)

**DeEjAY_EjAy**

The Jedi Pimp
HSC
Have u dan brown readers heard!? theyre making a Movie on the "Da Vinci Code"! sony pictures bought the rights and Ron Howard is the director for it. I think theyve already started filming or are in pre production.. im not certain... The person playing Robert Langdon is none other than......*sigh*, Tom Hanks..... i dont know bout u guys but i dont like where this is going.... I LOVED the DVC and i hadnt imagined anyone like tom hanks to play Langdon... Apparently the people who also competed for the role were George Clooney,Russel Crowe and Hugh Jackman! so wat are your thoughts on this movie????

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
wow...that's cool ! i really liked the book, and i guess i might see it when it comes out. you know, some things you just need a visual on. whatever you imagine, it's probably going to be a bit different to the real thing. but, if the preview of it looks crap, then i probably won't see it. who's going to play the leading female role? i imagined langdon to be more broad in the shoulders and torso, and somehow, i don't quite think tom hanks is. but, it won't affect the movie so i wouldn't not see it because of him.

**DeEjAY_EjAy**

The Jedi Pimp
HSC
ummm the lady whose playin sophie is rumored to be this french actress chick.... well if u wanna keep urself updated go to www.imdb.com and search for "the da vinci code" under the titles in the search field, the movie's comin out on may 2006, and it better be DAMN impressive, cuz im not a fan of book2movie transistions

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
ok then, thanks. well, i'm sure the producers, etc, feel pressured to make it a successful movie, since the book was very successful. so, they'll try their best. but yeah, i don't like many movies made from books. but then, i haven't seen many

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i don't think i would like the movie...
and tom hanks doesn't suit my perception of langdon
more hugh jackman
but oh well its a book everyone sees them differently

grendel

day dreamer
HSC
N/A
thejosiekiller said:
ah i dont think it well work well as a film, but who knows
i think it will work well as a movie. i enjoyed the book but to be honest it is incredibly overated. the book reads more like a movie script than a novel, it is primarily action, beautiful historic locations and dialogue.

"the name of the rose" and "the rule of four" were much better.

when i think of robert langdon i envisage indiana jones (the professor not the treasure hunter.) i think tom hanks will be great as robert langdon. jackman is not old enough and too good looking. crowe is a versatile actor and would be good.

if only harrison ford had not aged since raiders of the lost ark, he would be perfect.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I think that Tom Hanks will be good in the position, however I like the other actors better.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
urgh. this book is taking over the world or something...i hate it.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
grendel said:
i think it will work well as a movie. i enjoyed the book but to be honest it is incredibly overated. the book reads more like a movie script than a novel, it is primarily action, beautiful historic locations and dialogue.

when i think of robert langdon i envisage indiana jones (the professor not the treasure hunter.) i think tom hanks will be great as robert langdon. jackman is not old enough and too good looking. crowe is a versatile actor and would be good.

if only harrison ford had not aged since raiders of the lost ark, he would be perfect.
i just think some things cannot be transformed to film so easily and to meet the expectations people have once they have read the book- it goes for many other films, some great and some not.

ah atm im watching the last crusade now- indiana jones as a professor does suit that image that i hold of langdon, but i still dont know why they have to use a mainsteam actor

this also goes for sophie- i cant imagine a hollywood actress to play her, nor would i want to.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
u couldn't turn it into a movie...
think about the teacher

how the fuk would u do that without the audience working it out straight away

Blackalicious

HSC
:( they always ruin books by turning them into movies
But heck i'll see it anyway :D

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
grendel said:
im glad you liked it :) even though you "acted" surprised when i gave it to you :p

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
shh that's such a cruel thing to say :p :p
*jabs him in the tummy*

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
gordo said:
u couldn't turn it into a movie...
think about the teacher

how the fuk would u do that without the audience working it out straight away
Which part exactly?

Unfortunately, the movie will remove alot of the aside facts that Dan Brown gave the reader. This will result in the movie being an average murder mystery. (well not average, but it will lack the excitement of the book)

grendel

day dreamer
HSC
N/A
dark`secrets said:
im glad you liked it :) even though you "acted" surprised when i gave it to you :p
hey ds,

i took it to japan with me and guess what, i had 20 pages to read and i left it on the bullet train. i had to buy another copy just to finish it when i got back. :D

it is a great book, much better written than da vinci code and it was such a relief to read one of these conspiracy novels without a "freemason", "templar" or "illuminatus" in sight. it even has its own website like the davinci code. www.randomhouse.com/bantamdell/theruleoffour/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)