The Dean's List? (1 Viewer)

Akane

HSC
Although i obtained a distinction average last year, I still didn't make the 2008 Dean's List of Academic Excellence . Do you need a distinction average over you ENTIRE course so far to make the list?! I didn't so as well the previous two years, so could that be holding me back? :confused: Do first the year subjects count??

Huy

HSC
N/A
Weird, I thought it was a D average too. Maybe they changed the rules (doubt it).

I am pretty sure it's not D average over the entire duration of your course, because I've been on the Dean's List without having the D throughout the entire course (I think). Or maybe it's D average for your Faculty only e.g. Engineering.

I reckon 1st year would count too.

You sure you're looking properly/not doing a combined degree?
I am listed under 2 faculties because of my combined degree (comm/eng) - for different reasons e.g. prizes.

Last edited:

engineering

HSC
N/A
It is based on a given year, based on your AAM (annual average mark) > 75

Akane

HSC
Thanks guys for your help. I definitely obtained a distinction average over my engineering subjects. The only reason for not being on the list that i can think of is that i got one Pass mark for an engo subject, but i still managed to get a distinction averade because i got d's and hd for the rest of my engo subjects. :( They wont forgive me for that subject i guess.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
its actually a DN or HD in EVERY subject over the 12 months.

so if u throw in a CR or PS for the 12 months u are off the list.

Huy

HSC
N/A
its actually a DN or HD in EVERY subject over the 12 months.

so if u throw in a CR or PS for the 12 months u are off the list.
I don't think this is correct. I'm on the List and I received a C for one (engineering) subject. The rest were Ds and HDs.

Last year I was on it as well, with two Cs thrown in there with the rest being Ds/HDs. So that can't be right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)