The Holocaust as my IRP (1 Viewer)

Dejana

HSC
N/A
hey hey .. i was wondering on doing something on the holocaust. wanted to know if this was original enought and if many people do it.
im not sure what Question to do ... but something like "why do/did people deny the holocaust".
tell me what you think .. give me some ideas ... inspire me ..lol
thanx a bunch

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Dejana said:
hey hey .. i was wondering on doing something on the holocaust. wanted to know if this was original enought and if many people do it.
im not sure what Question to do ... but something like "why do/did people deny the holocaust".
thanx a bunch
The Halocaust is always a popular topic - i did it for my project back when i was in year 12 but i figgured if it was what interetested me then i should do it.
You've got a bit more freedom because they are internally marked - so as long as everyone else in your class isn't doing it you should be fine. If you have any worries about this just ask your teacher as they have to mark it and they can tell you what they think.

In regards to what kind of question to do in relation to the Halocaust - i found when i started and i had a bigger question like the one you proposed that there is just too much information about it and you really do get bogged down.
What you need to do is find a smaller aspect and really focus on it -
i was tossing up between two topics for mine, i found was in relation to the hitler youth propoganda

i eventually focused on whether hitler actually gave a single order for the genocide of the jews in a specific meeting. There was still plenty of information - but not too much and my teacher found it more interesting because she had not had something on that specific topic before.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Dejana said:
thanx a bunch
yeah for denial you can base your research on david irving and his perspective..

Last edited:

Dejana

HSC
N/A
yeh ... i thought it would be good to do the denial because then i could argue it and then say .. hey, how can they deny it because there is so much evidence to support it e.g the hidden childrens and their stories.
but i would also like to do something on anne frnak .. she sounds interesting ... miss savage .. what was ur qusetion? .. i just want to get an idea ...

X

xeuyrawp

Dejana said:
yeh ... i thought it would be good to do the denial because then i could argue it and then say .. hey, how can they deny it because there is so much evidence to support it e.g the hidden childrens and their stories.
but i would also like to do something on anne frnak .. she sounds interesting ... miss savage .. what was ur qusetion? .. i just want to get an idea ...
ugh.

Please read what Irving's actually saying before you dismiss it. His entire argument revolves around semantics and such.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
damn how come its so late? our teacher made us hand it in early so that we can work on it during the holidays.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Dejana said:
yeh .. well we will be working on ours during the hol's too ... whats ur q? topic?
my topic is the historical accuracy of Jesus Christ and q is assess how the historicity and truth of Jesus Christ has been manipulated overtime. but i will refine the q once i start doing extensive research.

X

xeuyrawp

hopeles5ly said:
my topic is the historical accuracy of Jesus Christ and q is assess how the historicity and truth of Jesus Christ has been manipulated overtime. but i will refine the q once i start doing extensive research.
Take a look at some essays done by the heaps of people who do it as a case study...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
only problem is that i dont know anyone that has done it for a case study ><*

nwatts

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
This is your MW or case study? I did this as a case study. Let me know if you want me to point you to some information that'll get you on the track.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
nwatts said:
This is your MW or case study? I did this as a case study. Let me know if you want me to point you to some information that'll get you on the track.
its my actual major work, if you have any essays and information/sources that i can use can you please send it to? thanks heaps !

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Dejana said:
my exact question for my essay was "How do Intentionalist and Functionalist historians view Hitler's involvement in the planning of the 'Final Soclution' for the 'Jewish Problem'?"

with denial - i've only breifly looked at some of the information avaliable on it - but becasue with your project you must look at histography just as much as the history you are probably better off to focus on mabye one or two controversial points that Irving rasies and then look at the obverse side adn really focus on why they are looking at the same issue from different ways.

X

xeuyrawp

MissSavage29 said:
my exact question for my essay was "How do Intentionalist and Functionalist historians view Hitler's involvement in the planning of the 'Final Soclution' for the 'Jewish Problem'?"
wow. That's probably the best topic I've ever seen associated with the holocaust.

with denial - i've only breifly looked at some of the information avaliable on it - but becasue with your project you must look at histography just as much as the history you are probably better off to focus on mabye one or two controversial points that Irving rasies and then look at the obverse side adn really focus on why they are looking at the same issue from different ways.
Luckily, Functionism/Intentionalism is a historiographical question tied up in historical issues.

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
At the person who's doing the historicity of Jesus Christ (can't be bothered going back and finding your name :D): There's a rule against doing something that's already closely covered by a case study, isn't there?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Asheroth said:
At the person who's doing the historicity of Jesus Christ (can't be bothered going back and finding your name :D): There's a rule against doing something that's already closely covered by a case study, isn't there?
yeah thats me, but even though it emerges from a case study, the narrow aspect of research that im conducting doesn't in anyway collide with the aspects that are stated in the syllabus . problem is that i still haven't found any revelant information and i am finding it extremelly frustrating. ><" . any of you guys have any books, sources that you can suggest to me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)