the manning bar (and others) (1 Viewer)

marko

hey this is mainly aimed at people already at sydney uni :

are there bouncers at the manning bar etc that check that the poeple going in are 18+ ? im 18 in march but my friend is in August so im just curious about how strict they are about serving alcohol at locations on the campus...

cheers!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by marko
hey this is mainly aimed at people already at sydney uni :

are there bouncers at the manning bar etc that check that the poeple going in are 18+ ? im 18 in march but my friend is in August so im just curious about how strict they are about serving alcohol at locations on the campus...

cheers!
There aren't any bouncers at manning bar, but the people who serve alcohol there DO check your ID.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
so u can just get mates to buy it haha
Pretty much. But bouncers are around whenever there are special events going on at manning such as bands playing etc.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
still how close do they check your id?
Thinking of getting fake id are u? :p

They look at it pretty carefully. They look at your age, photo, then you. One of my friends who was 5 days away from 18, got denied from buying alcohol at manning and there weren't even bouncers round.

But like u say, theoretically u could just get friends to buy u the alcohol, when bouncers aren't around.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I've always had fake. And used it like 50+ times without trouble (including superclubs and a dance party). Then decided to use it at a place where i really shouldn't have (club at the snow, they are strict because every underager tries - although I got away with it 4 times before then. And I've survived since September without ID (haven't got ID'd once in that time). But am getting my ID replaced tonight.
lol, well u could always try your luck at manning. Some of my college friends who had fake id's at the beginning of last year managed to get into bars with bouncers around.

I guess it depends how good your fake ID is and how closely the bouncer scrutinizes over it :p

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
btw, do they ask you to remove it from the wallet....because thats when it gets a little scary, not many clubs (down here atleast) can be bothered asking you to take it out.

On a side note, my brother actually has his name on the liqour licence of the campus bar at Flinders Uni. lol

Usually u aren't required to remove your ID from your wallet, but most people usually do it's just easier.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
it is my brothers id, that has his photo, but i look VERY alike my brother.

Yes, but if you remove it, they can take it. If you don't then they can't.
Fair enough.

I reckon u could easily get away with your fake ID then since it's your brothers photo.

marko

hmm ok.. well it will only affect me during o-week (dob 6.3.86), ill give it a go anyway! i bought cases of beer at schoolies 5 times without being asked for i.d :D though it was mid-north coast of NSW not the gold coast :/

ultimate: did any of your underage friends get in to o-week events for 18+ without id?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Can they legally confiscate it though? They need to be able to prove it is false, not just suspect. If they don't accept it they are supposed to give the ID back and refuse service.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by marko

ultimate: did any of your underage friends get in to o-week events for 18+ without id?
Some of them they did, but with others such as boat cruises they got denied.

jpr333

HSC
Why dont you want to take it out? Does it have a hole in it or anything? If not id say youd be sweet 98% of the time

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Don't go to Wentworth Bar @ USYD .. it looks like a dodgy RSL Club :p

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by christ_ine
Don't go to Wentworth Bar @ USYD .. it looks like a dodgy RSL Club :p

Is it the one where the entrance is from the car park? :p

alman

at least with rsl's u get some damn cheap drinks...love the $2 drinks!!!!

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
ha ha oh damn right i havta wait a month before im 18..ha ah all this talk of fake ideas..ha ah i love it..ive never been asked..and like i get served all the time..i even bought alchol at teh crciket (test match)..he he though uni will proberbly be stricter

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Bloody youngins! You're meant to be going to uni...and you're still doing fake ID's. lol.

Anyways, if you're around USYD, just drink at newtown...you won't get carded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)