the "my score was 10+ points lower than i expected" thread (1 Viewer)

beatboxre

HSC
so it was 57.30.

you know, i made jokes over people getting this type of score the whole year - but when it happens to yourself, it's so difficult to come to terms with it and why i deserved it. i was hardly the worst in the year, i was last in 1 subject; but i always was decent in my other subjects, never dead last or with the last exam mark in the class; usually i was average or just below average. but whatever. it's my fault anyway.
Man, I feel for ya, I got a similar result and fawk me dead, its the worst feeling. Just wanted to run away from home lmao, showed the results to mum, she was pretty upset, alot. Dad came in the room, he checked it, and fawk, got owned hard. (dumbest cunt in the whole family line = me now).

And yeh, it was my fault, I joked around in classes, even though I got high 70s and shat. Oh well, we can still go in Uni, but this memory will stay with me forever. I dont how a piece of paper or internet page stating a fawkin number describes someone or what type of person they are. Well I guess my attitude is alot different to the majority of the society and hence I got owned today.

Anyways yo, watch some Russell Peters or shit, lmao
asfsafa

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Man, I feel for ya, I got a similar result and fawk me dead, its the worst feeling. Just wanted to run away from home lmao, showed the results to mum, she was pretty upset, alot. Dad came in the room, he checked it, and fawk, got owned hard. (dumbest cunt in the whole family line = me now).

And yeh, it was my fault, I joked around in classes, even though I got high 70s and shat. Oh well, we can still go in Uni, but this memory will stay with me forever. I dont how a piece of paper or internet page stating a fawkin number describes someone or what type of person they are. Well I guess my attitude is alot different to the majority of the society and hence I got owned today.

asfsafa
Don't be so disappointed, in the end the HSC is only really a necessity to get to into university and you have managed that. There are so many kids out there who have not, you should be happy with your achievement.

beatboxre

HSC
Don't be so disappointed, in the end the HSC is only really a necessity to get to into university and you have managed that. There are so many kids out there who have not, you should be happy with your achievement.
Nice signature btw, lol

MooshyMoosh

HSC
+1. Don't forget there is always the late round offers. And an Early February round too.

MooshyMoosh

HSC

asfsafa
Dude, that piece of paper+atar only allows you to graduate, go to uni and/or get a job. it does not define what kind of a person you are. You can still make it into uni, and I doubt that you are the 'dumbest cunt' in your family because of that. You graduated didn't you?

Here's a cheer-up; you know Richard Branson, the dude who owns the Virgin brands like Virgin airlines and Virgin mobile? He didn't even finish high school- and now look at him. Cheer up, :lol:

HSC
+infinity

I've herd some cases that people with 90+ UAI decide to drop out of uni and work full time because they find uni difficult and people who got 55 for their UAI get really good compared to others.

MrDimple

HSC
well try UWS, my friend with 48 is trying to get into UWS because she has faith that she could get into a course with 63.35 as she has bonus points and EAS scheme. Also i know friends who had who got 50 and another who got 55 and the one with 50 got into a 70 cut off course of commerce and the other with 70 cut off course of engineering at UWS soo there is hope !

beatboxre

HSC
Dude, that piece of paper+atar only allows you to graduate, go to uni and/or get a job. it does not define what kind of a person you are. You can still make it into uni, and I doubt that you are the 'dumbest cunt' in your family because of that. You graduated didn't you?

Here's a cheer-up; you know Richard Branson, the dude who owns the Virgin brands like Virgin airlines and Virgin mobile? He didn't even finish high school- and now look at him. Cheer up, :lol:
lol, Thanks, but I knew that :D
His was a different situation and he must have a brilliant mind to come up from nothing.
Everyone comes in this world with no money and dies with no money, so I'm just going to try to be a successful person and try to do me best yo

Starlette

HSC
There's many ways to get into uni, check some of the threads around here or look for alternative schemes (pathways) offered at many unis (Macquarie, UTS etc). The alternative pathways course do cost a bit (I think around 16000), but generally you are guaranteed entry into some of their courses, however you may be a semester behind. But to be honest people are in uni for 5 years + these days anyways.

At UTS you can get into an IT course by completing a diploma at Tafe and this applies for many courses at UTS as well. At UWS, you may get up to 10+ ATAR points if you live in the regional areas and get band 5/6 is the course you are enrolled in.

Don't be too upset, getting into courses/ uni is not the be all or end all of life. You can do Tafe and you may even find university may not even be for you. I completed a (two) uni degrees and I'm going to Tafe soon because I wasn't happy with my employment choice. My sister just recently graduated and now she's doing a completely different degree.

Remember your 18 year old self may want something now, but wait a few years and you'll may find that you'd want to be something else.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
there's many ways to get into uni, check some of the threads around here or look for alternative schemes (pathways) offered at many unis (macquarie, uts etc). The alternative pathways course do cost a bit (i think around 16000), but generally you are guaranteed entry into some of their courses, however you may be a semester behind. But to be honest people are in uni for 5 years + these days anyways.

At uts you can get into an it course by completing a diploma at tafe and this applies for many courses at uts as well. At uws, you may get up to 10+ atar points if you live in the regional areas and get band 5/6 is the course you are enrolled in.

Don't be too upset, getting into courses/ uni is not the be all or end all of life. You can do tafe and you may even find university may not even be for you. I completed a (two) uni degrees and i'm going to tafe soon because i wasn't happy with my employment choice. My sister just recently graduated and now she's doing a completely different degree.

Remember your 18 year old self may want something now, but wait a few years and you'll may find that you'd want to be something else.
+1

MooshyMoosh

HSC
lol, Thanks, but I knew that :D
His was a different situation and he must have a brilliant mind to come up from nothing.
Everyone comes in this world with no money and dies with no money, so I'm just going to try to be a successful person and try to do me best yo
Good on you mate :D Just do your best, and as others have said, there's always UWS [which u have a high chance of getting into], or TAFE. Just do something that you have an interest in and you'll be fine.

HSC
well try UWS, my friend with 48 is trying to get into UWS because she has faith that she could get into a course with 63.35 as she has bonus points and EAS scheme. Also i know friends who had who got 50 and another who got 55 and the one with 50 got into a 70 cut off course of commerce and the other with 70 cut off course of engineering at UWS soo there is hope !
well said there mate :)

Azmaveth

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't worry too much about the mark you get in the end. My sister got a UAI of 44 and I only got a UAI of 55.2 she went to uni and is now earning well in excess of 100k a year

I went to uni through doing the STAT as a mature age student a recieved a mark for that of 98 and ended up doing 2 degrees and now working in a good job.

getting a good ATAR result is only one way to get to uni...though it is probably the easiest way to get to uni there are still bridging courses, alternate pathway courses as well as waiting until you are 21 and going in via a STAT exam. I wouldn't stree too much about the ATAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)