The Nobel Dream? (1 Viewer)

shhiknow

HSC
Hey, i'm writing an essay (not worth anything, just for practise but has to be done & preferrably well) on a past history question, 'The Noble Dream: the problem of historical objectivity'. it is a source from Albert Prior Fell and the core source for the rest of the arguement. it basically dismantles it to show the flaws in the theory of the historian being 'a perfectly detached observer'...

I'm new here and don't exactly know how this works, but if anyone has anything that might help that would be really great. I'm kind of struggling. My sources, apart from the exam one are Herodotus, Thucydides, Windshuttle and Bede.

please help if you can. thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Do you mean 'noble'?

Could you please provide us with something other than an ambiguous title? If you're talking about historical objectivity, it's a very broad topic and is quite well-discussed around here... But yeah, more specifics would be good.

shhiknow

HSC
thanks for the correction. much appreciated.

& i've changed my post abit. i should note its the 2002 exam question. don't know if people will b able to help me much unless they know my specific historians and the source itself. am i still being too vague however?
any help would b very appreciated.

X

xeuyrawp

shhiknow said:
thanks for the correction. much appreciated.

& i've changed my post abit. i should note its the 2002 exam question. don't know if people will b able to help me much unless they know my specific historians and the source itself. am i still being too vague however?
any help would b very appreciated.
Why don't you look at the original source? That might have a good biblio... Apart from that, the source itself mentions a few central historians.

You really need to go through the passage and have a thorough look at what it says and who it mentions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)