The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Mike Ockisard said:
speaking of betting

if france beat toga tonight and spain beat the saudis, i get $800

and if ukraine beat tunisia too, then i get an extra $70

woohoo

i really hope i dont wake up tomorrow and theres been some massive upset
I need France to win 3-0, 4-0, or 5-0. I put some big money on them and if they fuck up, I'll be a poor man. :(

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Most of you will forget about football by December. I hope you don't, but you will.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Success, i have special consideration for my exam on monday, thus can study over the w/e for my tuesday exam, thus watch the soccer tuesday morning :D

otay

HSC
Watching the replay! I'm now laughing at Kalac's mistakes and the Croatian coach, a little different than earlier today when we were tryin to find Interpol's number to find out where they both lived...ahaha we were angry

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Komit said:
Most of you will forget about football by December. I hope you don't, but you will.
Not everyone is just jumping on the bandwagon. Those that have will probably forget about it by mid-July

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Jumping on bandwagons is one thing, i dont mind that. But people who have no clue and acting like they're experts is the annoying thing.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The World Cup gathers much greater interest than normal club football, for those nations involved that is. It's only normal for ppl to jump on the football bandwagon for a month, and that's what makes the event so special.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I just can't get into club football, but international football sexcites me. I suppose I'm a bandwagon supporter, then, despite actually knowing a decent amount about international ball.
Furthermore, ukraine in the quarters would suck. I think they're quite capable of beating us if they get hot. Switzerland will be tough, as well.

EDIT: and why do they have draw options for betting, i want to bet for the final result after full time :(

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Man, soccer isnt a complicated sport, tats why its the world game - easy to understand, easy to play.

anyway, regarding kalac selections, i think hiddink wanted test him and play him against italy - but i dont think that will happen anymore... lol

My ratings for the Australia vs Croatia match:
Kewell - 8 - 8.5 - really he should have had another goal, cant believe he picked the keeper, straight to him
Viduka - 7-7.5 - i dont know whats going on his head, but he hasnt scored a goal yet for a long time, he had so many chances...
Cahill - 8 - a gud game for him, attacking and making a lot chances
Sterjovski- 9 - i though he played really well
Culina - 7 - an average game
EMerton - 8 - 8.5 - if it wasnt for the yellow card would have given 9, we really need him against italy.
Grella - 8 -8.5 - a quiet game = brillaint
Neill - 9 - 9.5 - brillaint just brillaint
Moore - 9 -9.5 - again.. brillaint
Chipperfield 9 - yes again brillaint, moving around covering both defense and moving up to attack
Kalac - the GOALIE - 4, very very bad performance.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
HotShot said:
Man, soccer isnt a complicated sport, tats why its the world game - easy to understand, easy to play.
The rules aren't complicated, the game most certainly is.

Fast_heinz

HSC
Nedved is such a legend, he deserved to go out in style rather than lose to the cheating, match fixing Italians.

Oh well....still got the Dutch and Khalid the cannibal.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Some of the czechs certainly showed they're bad sports. Rather than congratulating Italy and accepting they screwed themselves over by losing to Ghana, some went on to say things like 'the italians arent that good' and 'ghana and czechs were the best teams in the group'. The only player who actually had something decent to say was (not surprisingly) Nedved, who said he'd be cheering for Italy now.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hmm something for you all to ponder, just as im watching the replay:
during the second hand-ball, that resulted from the free kick (that the ref didnt see), the ref blew a corner. there was no way it could have been touched by a croatian, as its quite obvious no head came into contact with it (although its possible to think that an australian head came into contact). sooo why a corner, if croatia didnt touch it (pun intended)? hmmm interesting call.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
Some of the czechs certainly showed they're bad sports. Rather than congratulating Italy and accepting they screwed themselves over by losing to Ghana, some went on to say things like 'the italians arent that good' and 'ghana and czechs were the best teams in the group'. The only player who actually had something decent to say was (not surprisingly) Nedved, who said he'd be cheering for Italy now.
Well Nedved himself is considered to be an honourable Italian, just like our Guus, who already has Korean citizenship. :)

*Minka*

HSC
stazi said:
furthermore, croatia have the ugliest football players ever
Muhahaha. Oh yes, we were chanting a few things in Croatian about how fucking UGLY Simunic is. At half time, we taught some people around us to say:

Ohhhhh Josip Siminic, Tak' si ruzna da te nebi ni daljinskim prek' neprobojnog stakla ni da ti je umiruca zelja!

(Josip Siminic, You are so ugly that I wouldn't even fuck you with a the remote control though bulletproof glass even if that was your dying wish) mY brothers Croatian - he founds osme choice insults online before the match.

It was hilarious because Zlatan (my brother) whispered it in my ear and about 12 of us were chanting it and my Dad jsut gave us this look, and then JOINED IN. Hahaha. Good times.

But I have to say that my favourite was: WHO THE FUCK ARE HRVATSKA?

Last edited:

otay

HSC
Wow that's an amazingly random yet vivid description...Still quite hilarrrrrrrrrious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)