The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I really hope France go through, otherwise a very dissapointing world cup for them again. Can't wait for the Portugal/Netherlands game, will be very action-packed I'm guessing.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
i still wouldnt say hes fat

just not heaps fit/in the shaep he should be for an elite sportsman

would be a tricky situation having coach/player as father/son, itd always open up opportunity for criticism.....and sell headlines
I was more referring to him as a fat as a reference to the media hype than any actual weight problems.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
I couldnt get hugely excited about this mornings result. Extremely happy yes, but it couldnt quite top the feelings of beating Japan and Uruguay. I think its coz we have a big game against the Italians, a game that is most certainly winnable.

And the worlds ugiest players have to be the Argentinians, with Tevez, Riquelme etc, its fair to say that I have more straight teeth than the entire squad.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hmm, seems the last couple of nights have done wonders for my fantasy football team :D <3 Gerrard, Ronaldo, Klose and Ronaldinho.

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
And the worlds ugiest players have to be the Argentinians, with Tevez, Riquelme etc, its fair to say that I have more straight teeth than the entire squad.
no way man, brazil wins the fugly comp hands down.
ronaldinho ftw

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
copious said:
awesome atmosphere at circular quay!!!!! lost my voice among all the emotion and excitement. it was yet another emotional roller coaster ride to success.
Haha, I know eh, that place was bloody electric so say the least. Cold, foggy, packed with passionate Aussies. Even had a little catfight or two as sideshow, if anyone caught that. Hoping my voice makes a speedy recovery in time for the Azzuri clash.

Generator said:
I was amazed that not a single Socceroo pointed out to the ref that he had to receive the red given that it was his second yellow. Oh well, they mustn't have been paying attention, too.
Actually, Viduka said he did question the referee after the second yellow card. Dukes said it was the second, Poll said first, Dukes didn’t force the issue knowing our luck with the recent string of match officials.

stazi said:
Kalak = retard. I mean, even that take from the corner.
Kalac was bloody infuriating. I try not to think of it anymore, but during the match proper …. He wasn’t exactly Mr. Popular down at Circular Quay to say the least. And that corner, he was facing his own goal for crying out loud. Without insinuating anything, that looked heaps dodgy.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
stazi said:
furthermore, croatia have the ugliest football players ever
Meh, they did have that rather attractive looking blonde supporter in the stadium though. SBS kept reverting to shots of her, and this other blonde girl for Oz. That was good fun.

otay said:
Even during Olympics, they were never doing what we were doing this morning. Everytime the green man came on to let us cross the road hundreds of us would jsut storm the fuckn crossing and start moshing chanting for the Socceroos. it was insane, the cops didn't like it, they weren't that bad either though.
Haha, did you do it on George St. outside the QVB too ? That was hilarious.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Sorin definitely has the Red-Indian look about him.

Fast_heinz

HSC
Merk's refereeing was also v. poor with Ghana/USA...dodgy penalty awarded and Essien banned for the match against Brazil.

It's a shame Collina can't officiate anymore.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
First off, to staz .. your German stepdad is f*cking funny! I can totally imagine someone saying that in a thick German accent .. I know people like that too.

*Minka* said:
We are def going to Australia vs Italy! We took an educated gamble when the draw came out, assumed Brasil would top the group and we had a 2/3 shot of Croatia or Australia being second. I know we are probaby going to a couple more, but I amw aiting on brother to give all the confimation and stuff. Also going to Germany v Sweden in Munich!
You are the luckiest person in the world.

I want to kill you :)

:)

Komit, in reading through the last 12 or so pages, I saw a couple of posts of yours that I couldn't agree more with. The first was on Harry Kewell's game .. I was telling anyone who'd listen that I was disappointed with his performance, even though he scored. Nobody agreed. Except you :p

The second post was about the bandwagoners. The people who jump off once the tournament is over should be hung, drawn and quartered.

I am, however, more than willing to embrace new fans of the game, of which there will undoubtedly be many.

Hopefully attendance at all A-League venues this season will be even higher on the back of Australia's showing in Germany. Except New Zealand, they are such shit cunts.

Finally, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are through to the Round of 16!!!!!!

I hope the pizza-munching Italians go down in a bad way. Kaiserslautern is our domain!

We taught the whale-munching fools a lesson there. Time to do the same to those cats in Italy ...... "Ooooh, don't hurt me, my name is "Simone"! And I call my teammate "Fran". Our keeper is "Gianne" .. he's a nice person."

Australia can beat Italy. They are a team of women. Seriously, look at their first names :p

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
hahahha omg i can't believe i havn't seen that ronaldihno secret vid

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Italy's De Rossi banned for four matches

sexy time for us :eek: dont they have 2 players out now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)