The Official Pink Floyd Thread (1 Viewer)

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
pretty sure it hasnt been done before

so yeah... GO TEAM!
discuss pink floyd and all their awesomeness

rebooki

HSC
N/A
ahhh don't even start me... i'd be going on about how incredible and influencial they were/are for god knows how long

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
rebooki said:
ahhh don't even start me... i'd be going on about how incredible and influencial they were/are for god knows how long
thats the point of the thread.. look at the waffle that has been written in the led zeppelin thread...

mack

Banned
HSC
Fletcher Memorial Home is my fav. The solo is only a few notes, but Jesus H Pumpernickel, Gilmour sure does say alot with them.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
My favourites are Echoes & Shine on you crazy diamond (Parts VI - IX). Oh, oh! And you can't miss 'One of these days' :)

spiny norman

HSC
I'm a big Shine On You Crazy Diamond fan myself. No idea if that's my favourite, but it's certainly up there.

wanton-wonton

HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
bike=best pink floyd song
I agree, very repetitive, but that's what makes it so memorable. Maybe not there best in terms of sound experimentation, but defintely one of my personal favourites.

EDIT* The band hasn't officially disbanded yet, although there's no signs of any new albums. What do you all think of it?

Last edited:

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
ever since waters left, pinkfloyd have gone to horrible horrible shit
but they were declining
i dunno, i reckon a momentary lapse of reason and the division bell had its moments, not groundbreaking stuff, but it could have been worse, eg sorrow, coming back to life etc.

but they definitly were declining as their career went on, look at the final cut, it was supposed to be somewhat of a sequel to the wall, and its absolute rubbish, with the exception of the title song.

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Does anyone have the album that leaked on the web about a year ago and disappeared shortly after, called: The Complete Zabriskie Point Sessions?

Best song: Echoes. But not the shitty cut down version off the Echoes compilation, only the original off Meddle, all 23:32 of it.

Best album: Can't go past DSoTM, but Meddle and Atom Heart Mother are right up there...

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
no. i havent even heard of it, it'd have the original us and them on it if it was real, which would be interesting to hear it

as for me, favourite album: id have to say either wish you were here or ummagumma.

favorite song: very hard, toss up between wish you were here, comfortably numb, a saucerful of secrets, echoes and shine on you crazy diamond

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
favourite album - 4 me ANIMALS!!!! (closely followed by the rest!!)

Best song ..... i realy dont know ...

if they did exist (that bein The Complete Zabriskie Point Sessions) they would be on one of these 2 sites:

A Fleeting Glimpse

Brain Damage!

But any way ... has any one read or at least have nicks book, Inside out??
because if u dont its a must have me and the old boy got oneeach 4 xmas its great!!

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
TDSOTM is definitely my favourite album of all time, one of few that I can listen to the whole way through without skipping or getting bored. anyone got the live album 'Pulse'. Its awesome, has all their greatest songs plus the entire TDSOTM album performed......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)