'the role of form and media' (1 Viewer)

HSC
came across a question that goes as follows:

'Composers select a specific form and media for their texts in order to convey their message about the world

Critically evaluate the role of form and media in shaping the composer's message with a close comparison of your pair of prescribed texts'.

What does role of form and media mean?

Cheers

jojosiwa123

HSC
form:- is it a movie, play, novel. could also talk about the structure and how it relates to the form- does it challenge it? eg ending at the start of a novel.
media: I think this is referring to how the text is presented and why it is presented that way (again movie, speech etc)- not sure about this one though

beetree1

HSC
I am going to assume that this is a question for Module A, textual conversations.

So you have 2 texts, one old and one new. Please include what the texts are so I can help you more (if ur lucky ill know them) but:

Lets say that the old one may is a play like Shakespeare's, and the new one is a novel.
The role of form here is how the new text's author incorporates the old text's issues and thematic ideas into the new text, but through a novel form. You must think, what is the purpose of changing the play into a novel form? It would most likely be to engage modern readers, revamping the old ideas into modern society to show how maybe humanity and human values have remained unchanged or maybe they have changed.

The role of media bit, im not 100% sure about, but I think you could argue it as the role of the audience. The audience projects their own opinions and viewpoints towards the presented messages. The role of the audience would thus be the main catalyst for the 'survival' of the text. So the message must reflect modern society's ideals so that the audience will let that message prevail throughout time....

Idk if this makes sense ha

HSC
I am going to assume that this is a question for Module A, textual conversations.

So you have 2 texts, one old and one new. Please include what the texts are so I can help you more (if ur lucky ill know them) but:

Lets say that the old one may is a play like Shakespeare's, and the new one is a novel.
The role of form here is how the new text's author incorporates the old text's issues and thematic ideas into the new text, but through a novel form. You must think, what is the purpose of changing the play into a novel form? It would most likely be to engage modern readers, revamping the old ideas into modern society to show how maybe humanity and human values have remained unchanged or maybe they have changed.

The role of media bit, im not 100% sure about, but I think you could argue it as the role of the audience. The audience projects their own opinions and viewpoints towards the presented messages. The role of the audience would thus be the main catalyst for the 'survival' of the text. So the message must reflect modern society's ideals so that the audience will let that message prevail throughout time....

Idk if this makes sense ha
yeah its mod a, tempest and hag seed.

that makes sense cheers

beetree1

HSC
Oh easy I do tempest hagseed too im sure your notes have something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)