The three questions here - and thier Difficulty (1 Viewer)

sinsolja

HSC
For anyone who didn't sit the paper(mods etc).

Section 1
In what what does a comparative study accentuate the distinctive contexts of TEXT and TEXT.
Difficulty: Relatively easy, it was quite good.
Section 2
They gave us the closing passage/statement/paragraph
for hamlet it was " Bear hamlet like a solider..etc etc..Go bid the soldiers shoot"
for Skin of lion it was " she was your mothers best friend ... lights he said.
Cloudstreet it was " Sun poured careless into ..... breeze they made in passing.

In the context of your critical study, to what extent does your response to the closing scene of TEXT inform your judgement of this TYPE OF TEXT as a whole.
Difficultly: At first it seems weird, however on reading the passage one could make a strong response either agreeing or disagreeing- with regards to hamlet..
Section 3
Explore how TEXT and ONE other related text of your own choosing represent conflicting perspectives in unique and evocative way.
Diffcutly: Easy, it might aswell have said "insert essay here"

Last edited:

Memi

HSC
N/A
Definitely. Module C was so open-ended and easy.

sinsolja

HSC
Yep , however the only tough one this year, would be module B

yours

HSC
It was interesting to explain what made the representations 'evocative' and 'unique'. I think 'Unique' is a matter of opinion; how can you really say anything is definitively unique? 'Evocative' however, you can support with a lot of evidence.

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
It was interesting to explain what made the representations 'evocative' and 'unique'. I think 'Unique' is a matter of opinion; how can you really say anything is definitively unique? 'Evocative' however, you can support with a lot of evidence.
Unique in the sense that another person's perspective conflicts with another and you can demonstrate this Then you have lots to talk about.

themanman

HSC
N/A
evocative - establishing empathetic responses (imagery, emotive language, making the intangible tangible etc)
unique - interplay between history and memory

pretty simp

was mod b at LEAST one other essay or ONE other essay

yours

HSC
Unique in the sense that another person's perspective conflicts with another and you can demonstrate this Then you have lots to talk about.
That's a good point, so it's unique in that it is their version of reality. I can't really remember what I wrote anymore but I'm happy with what I did. I thought part of Robertson's 'uniqueness' was his take on the legal system as theatre.

HSC
Mod A - surprisingly generic

Mod B - annoying more so than hard

Mod C - generic as always

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I said the effect of hindsight on memory made an individual's representation of a situation 'unique'. Or an individual's context/background/etc.

zxreth

HSC
evocative - establishing empathetic responses (imagery, emotive language, making the intangible tangible etc)

pretty simp

was mod b at least one other essay or one other essay
atleast

HSC
I said the effect of hindsight on memory made an individual's representation of a situation 'unique'. Or an individual's context/background/etc.
I mentioned Baker's (Fiftieth Gate) imaginative reconstruction using both memory and history as sources to present a 'unique' light on a past event

smeethaj

HSC
module A - very generic, easy

Module B - also very genric if you actually knew your texts properly

Module C - generic question,
but what was with the one related only? they've never done that before!
i ended up only using one of my two texts but i said that 'though it only conveys one specific perspective the argumentative nature brought about through the evokative emotive expression causes it to create conflict'
how screwed am i???

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
Mod A: easy

Mod B: easy

Mod C: easy

but oopsie doopsie I forgot to put in fortinbras' quotes for hamlet in mod B wooooo <16 here I come.

Galladrim

HSC
Mod A: Context easy generic
Mod B: Extract was a good one, just need to integrate into generic response.
Mod C: Easy - Just need to stipulate unique.

herbs1

HSC
You didnt have to use fort quotes, just refer to the events of act 5.

Glorious

HSC
That's a good point, so it's unique in that it is their version of reality. I can't really remember what I wrote anymore but I'm happy with what I did. I thought part of Robertson's 'uniqueness' was his take on the legal system as theatre.
Oh I do Robertson. Yeah, I just made use of his idea of the legal system and how he creates this whole new world of his through the use of legal terminology and how he uses the features of the legal system to conform to his perspective of a Just Game, hence having to shape our view of the Game itself.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Hamlet was so hard. I smashed BR, and did okay in 50th gate. Hamlet is absolute bullshit, i still managed 5-6 pages, but it took me a while to gather what they were asking. Luckily i finished my blade runner in 35 mins so i could dedicate the remaining time too it.

jamesfirst

HSC

pretty simp

was mod b at LEAST one other essay or ONE other essay
Turns out, I've actually written 980 words... I thought I wrote 800.

I mostly talked about power of rhetorics and the conflicting perspectives between people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)