The Tomorrow Series (John Marsden) (1 Viewer)

Adam.Meads

HSC
Hey, for the Trials (and the entire year) I have had the Tomorrow Series (by John Marsden) as my additional text for Journeys.

In the Trial my teacher, who seems to have taken it as a personal insult that I chose this, told me that this particular series "lacked depth," and was "childish and unrelative to the concepts at hand."

I was basically wondering whether or not the markers are likely to see it this way - my main point I was pushing in the Trial was how the journey is represented through the characters rather than the fictitious plot, amongst others.

Its too late now to change, seeings the HSC is in ... 3 days.

So before then I was wondering if anybody had any hints on how to improve the Tomorrow Series, and whether or not the HSC markers would view it as a childish choice.

Thanks.

darioos

HSC
Regardless of what your teacher says, I think the series are awesome, but to attempt to answer your questions, I doubt they would consider it a childish choice, there's alot of growth in this book physically and mentally I haven't read them for a couple of years so I hope what I'm referencing and saying makes sense ) Ellie grows mentally in a few ways, I remember in a few of the books she says how she had very little patience, and in one book she says to herself something like 'if only my parents could see this" referring to her patience levels.

Robyn develops physically, she gets thin during the time before she sacrifices herself, Ellie says something like she was thin, and then talks about how it was un naturally thin or something like that. I hope that makes sense.

If you haven't, I'd read up on it at Wikipedia "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow_series" it refreshed my memory (cause i couldn't remember Robyn's name at first" but maybe it'll give you some extra stuff to add.

Hope it all goes well Tomorow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)