thesis?? (1 Viewer)

skankit

im totally having issues coming up with a thesis... anyone help me?

im thinking something along the lines of "reluctance to undertake a journey only makes the impact more powerful" but then i want to use Wind and the Willows from the stimulus booklet coz it fits with my related, but that doesnt have any impacts!!! HEEEEELP!!!

Paroissien

HSC
One question. Why are you trying to come up with a thesis?

the xc3ption

i was sorta along the same lines...... :confused:
do u need to have a thesis for Section III of the exam?
cause if u do, its going to be pretty hard for you to try and predict what the questions going to ask you....
but yeh what do we need a thesis for??

BUT to answer, well more like ask :) ... how does reluctance make an impact powerful? wouldn't it make it more difficult?

Last edited by a moderator:

chantellet

HSC
skankit said:
im totally having issues coming up with a thesis... anyone help me?

im thinking something along the lines of "reluctance to undertake a journey only makes the impact more powerful" but then i want to use Wind and the Willows from the stimulus booklet coz it fits with my related, but that doesnt have any impacts!!! HEEEEELP!!!

I've come up with a few thesis statements for physical journeys.. Dunno if they will help u or not but here they are:

"journeys are neverending/continuous"

"does anyone really control the journey?"

"physical journeys give rise to emotional/intellectual journeys"

They are pretty basic but they work well with all of my texts (Skrzynecki's poems + stimulus & RTs)...

My tutor tells me that you don't have to include these explicitly (eg u dont have to use it as an opening statement to ur essay) but you'll impress examiners more if u can incorporate it implicitly..

Anyways hope that helps :uhhuh:

mojako

HSC
isn't the thesis or topic usually given in the question??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)