Thinking of dropping PDHPE (1 Viewer)

shvmkaushal

HSC
Hi all
I have recently started the HSC course and already i am bombarded with tons of assignment.
I've been struggling in PDHPE since year 11...my highest mark being 76%.
I have done Accelerated Ancient History and i am sure i did not do above average in that.
My question is should i continue with PDHPE or should i look to dropping it after the Half Yearly exams if i don't do well? Like i know it will definitely have an impact on my ATAR as i did not do too well in Ancient..but like..its better getting rid of this so i can do my other subjects right?
Thoughts?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
From the minimal amount you've told us, without rankings(plus school rank/ and cohort size) I'd say keep it.

bxrnzx

HSC
Ahh I'm in the exact same position /: for you, I reckon keep it until half yearlies. Try hard in it for now and see what you're capable of, but if you still do bad by then, then yeah drop it.

I'm not exactly doing BAD in pe (getting average in a ranked ~30 school), it's just that I'm struggling to cope with the workload. My other subjects are phys, chem, 3U maths and 3U English--heaaaaavy shit right there HAHA. If I drop, I'll be able to focus on my other subjects more... But 10 units is still hella risky /: thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
It's called keeping until you find that you're performing worse than even in what you accelerated.

shvmkaushal

HSC
Yeah sorry about that aha its just the Prelim reports are yet to be handed out but the last time i checked my rank in Ancient was 8th out of like 63 (this was checked in like Feb-March this year) and for PDHPE it was 19/120 (After Half Yearlies)
I know for sure my rank for Ancient has significantly dropped but im not too sure about PDHPE

shvmkaushal

HSC
Ahh I'm in the exact same position /: for you, I reckon keep it until half yearlies. Try hard in it for now and see what you're capable of, but if you still do bad by then, then yeah drop it.

I'm not exactly doing BAD in pe (getting average in a ranked ~30 school), it's just that I'm struggling to cope with the workload. My other subjects are phys, chem, 3U maths and 3U English--heaaaaavy shit right there HAHA. If I drop, I'll be able to focus on my other subjects more... But 10 units is still hella risky /: thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YES! The workload is wayyy too much. But yeah
Im already down to 10 units but im thinking of dropping to 8 (if my school lets me. Wyndham College doesn't accept dropping unless you have a GREAT reason..like properly backed up medically or something)
Um my thoughts on 10 units are that the amount of freed up time you get...you can use that wisely and ace the HSC as opposed to having those 12 units and crumbling under the workload and not doing well in any..then again its entirely up to how you fare in your subjects :)

Chris_S

HSC
Keep it! It is a rewarding and good subject to do! Trust me in my prelims I was ranked just inside the top 10 and in the trials I got in the top 3 with a pretty good mark! Just study hard and if you fail your half-yearly miserably then consider but don't as you will go better than you think you will. Also if you need any PDHPE notes PM me and I will send you mine! :)

shvmkaushal

HSC
Keep it! It is a rewarding and good subject to do! Trust me in my prelims I was ranked just inside the top 10 and in the trials I got in the top 3 with a pretty good mark! Just study hard and if you fail your half-yearly miserably then consider but don't as you will go better than you think you will. Also if you need any PDHPE notes PM me and I will send you mine! :)
Haha omg thank you for your support!! Yes i will try pull it to Half Yearlies and see how i go :) Thanks a ton!!
Yes please if that's okay i will PM you now :)

yao_jahang

HSC
would pdhpe or ancient history be better for me?
im doing chem, bio, 2u english, 3u maths, society and culture

zizi2003_

HSC
would pdhpe or ancient history be better for me?
im doing chem, bio, 2u english, 3u maths, society and culture
i do both pe and ancient and i'd say pdhpe because ancient is way more content heavy (not to say pe isn't, but comparatively). But at the same time pdh is really boring whereas ancient isn't. Pdh also requires a lot of rote learning whereas ancient doesn't
So in terms of workload, I'd say choose pdhpe. In terms of interest, I'd say ancient (but really, it's completely dependent on whether you're a humanities or a science-ish type person)

Leadmen4y

HSC
i do both pe and ancient and i'd say pdhpe because ancient is way more content heavy (not to say pe isn't, but comparatively). But at the same time pdh is really boring whereas ancient isn't. Pdh also requires a lot of rote learning whereas ancient doesn't
So in terms of workload, I'd say choose pdhpe. In terms of interest, I'd say ancient (but really, it's completely dependent on whether you're a humanities or a science-ish type person)
a subject more content heavy than pdh?! impossible... jks aside its a history so i should expect better haha

pdh is like a mix between science and humanities imo, kinda interesting now that I think about it

zizi2003_

HSC
a subject more content heavy than pdh?! impossible... jks aside its a history so i should expect better haha

pdh is like a mix between science and humanities imo, kinda interesting now that I think about it
true true
honestly the only 'science' part of it is energy systems and some options like sports medicine but other than that it's pure humanities lmao

yao_jahang

HSC
I want to do psychology at uni., so.. also how does pdhpe scale? I've heard it scales pretty badly

zizi2003_

HSC
I want to do psychology at uni., so.. also how does pdhpe scale? I've heard it scales pretty badly
Not if you do really really well in it. Aim to get above 95 for a subject like PDHPE, it's actually achievable
It's a good subject if you want to do Psych at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)