this is prob gonna sound really dumb... (1 Viewer)

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
Light is always the same speed. The speed of light was the same for both ships.

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
but with that? isn't that only from einsteins theory?
I thought it hadn't been definately proved yet

Jezzabelle

Afurotsu said:
Light is always the same speed. The speed of light was the same for both ships.
woooooooooohooooooooo i hope your right cos thats wat i thought too. i HATE multiple choice where one of the option is "not enough info" its sooo annoying!!

ahvan

senso said:
but with that? isn't that only from einsteins theory?
I thought it hadn't been definately proved yet
wow didn't even think about that..
yeah it hasn't been proven, so in a way you could say 'not enough info', yeah?
but I take it that bos want us to tell them mr einsteins' theory states that c is always the same...

peeasoup

Wasnt it D. Because, say alpha spaceship is travelling at 0.9 the speed of light. An observer on that spaceship will view the light as moving very slow, catching up to the spaceship.
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Plebeian

If you lived in the 19th century, that's exactly what you'd think. But half the point of relativity is that the speed of light is constant for all observers.

peeasoup

What are you an idiot. The observer in the fucking rocket sees the light catching up to him, you stupid fuck. If alpha was moving at the speed of light, then the light wouldnt move, so alhpa would see nothing...
Think before you type shit like that, you dumb arse, and grow a brain...

Brad

ummm no. Einsteins theroy says that the speed of light is constant for all frames of reference.... If we are saying it hasnt been proved then we could do that for many other things too....

artfaggette

dongs
HSC
I move that BOS only allows people who have a clue to post replies. For the question above, it's impossible for rocket alpha to move at the speed of light, therefore it's moving slower than light, therefore it will SEE the light and so Einstein's theory tells us that the observer in Alpha will measure the speed of that light as C.
And special relativity HAS been proved you dickheads. Did anyone here actually DO the HSC physics course? I didn't and I know this much FFS!

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
Yeah, time changes so that the speed of light relative to you is always constant.

Unless you're trying to prove Einstein wrong, then you're wrong Peeasoup. Bad luck.

Last edited:

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Hey peesoup you shouldnt get all angry and insulting ppl until u know ur right cuz now u just look like a total dick that thinks they know everything but dont. lol, lighten up a bit will ya, its over now...

Oh and by the way it was A cuz the speed of light is the same in all frames of reference

sub

it was A? YES!! another one right for me... :)

it was bloody obvious tho

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
"Morons"... I guess you'll have a good time when you get back your mark for Physics then, eh?

Last edited:

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
your real nice hey, and why are u being a jerk when ur obviously wrong???? it just doesnt work like that!! lol

SeDaTeD

HSC
Peeasoup, have you actually done the HSC physics course? There's an entire section dedicated to relativity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)