this years band 6 cutoff (1 Viewer)

jaafar

u rock my world
HSC
what do u think this years band 6 cutoff will be.? what was it like in previous years?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i hope its lower....my whole class thought it was one hard challenging exam...hope its in the low 70s

100percent

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
i hope its lower....my whole class thought it was one hard challenging exam...hope its in the low 70s
doubt that, my guess is mid 80's

Broodchuck

HSC
I agree, I think it's likely to be in the 80's - my whole class found it very challenging though

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Hopefully LOW!
Hopefully this exam doesn't hurt my UAI too much, found it difficult compared to others.

redd

HSC
N/A
yeh difinitely harder than previous years i think imo

multiple choice were bs]

chap87

im hoping it will be mid-high 70's, at least then i think i have a chance of doing well. But to be realistic i think its gonna be low 80's.

HSC
I found it quite an easy test to be honest, as compared to chemistry. But for physics standards, i think it was quite a challenge at certain sections. I'd say 79-83 is a band 6 this yr.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
It look like the band 6 cut off will be no more than 60/100...

bahahaha, I wish!

I'll just give u guys some previous RAW marks out of interest

I hope it may comfort u, the way it comforts me, because i totaly stuffed up todays exam...

in 2003: 56/100 --- aligned to 78/100...oh the joy

let's hope thats repeated this year!..

that doesnt mean the band 6 cut off was like 70.... it doesnt work like that!

2001: 75/100 ---- aligned to 85/100

who knows.... this yrs cut off could be higher/lower no one really knows

But in my opinion, it should be lower... but yeh i think band 6 will be about 80-82/100.

Farewell HSC..

Good luck to those of u still doing exams!

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hmm but definitely, this year's cut-off of raw marks will be quite low, it won't be 80s, I'm seeing more of between 65-75, owing to the fact that justification and assess questions really twitch up teachers & examiners, and they start getting EXTREMELY picky about which answers are band 6 and which are band 1!!

redd

HSC
N/A
do u guys think 50 can be aligned to 75 + ?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
@redd: There is a chance, yes...because I've actually phoned up a physics professor I know at UNSW, and when he looked at the paper, he even said that this year's was slightly harder due to the use of specific keywords like access.

Chances are, people here who think they did good in assess / justify didn't do too good still, because such questions are tricky, and really involves whether the marker thinks you're repeating what the question implies, or what is supporting/ justifying..

redd

HSC
N/A
Rekkusu said:
@redd: There is a chance, yes...because I've actually phoned up a physics professor I know at UNSW, and when he looked at the paper, he even said that this year's was slightly harder due to the use of specific keywords like access.

Chances are, people here who think they did good in assess / justify didn't do too good still, because such questions are tricky, and really involves whether the marker thinks you're repeating what the question implies, or what is supporting/ justifying..
awesome ^^

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
redd said:
do u guys think 50 can be aligned to 75 + ?

I sure do hope so!

But no!....as much as i wish it will, I doubt it.. of course theres nothing to bak up my doubt, i could be wrong/right...

But i think a 50 prolly wont get u more than a 70...

who knows.... the RAW marks are very encouraging though
when i showed them to my maths teacher... I was like can u believe it... a 56 got aligned to a 78, however she told me that she too felt she got about about that much in the exam, and she ended up with 75 i think!... so I think 50's have had a good history even back when my teacher did the HSC... 12 years ago or so!

richz

well, personally, i think it shud be a bit higher this year, because there werent as many tricky qs, except the gay assess the reliability.

Personally, high 70s

seadonkey

HSC
its gonna b close to 83. last yr my frend got 83 n got scaled to 93. but this yr was easier than last yr. n easier than trials =) easier than last yr so scaling wont b as good

therefore band 6 = 83

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)