Thoses silly netbooks we got (1 Viewer)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Any plans to use them for year 12??

My IPT teacher says we have to use them.

What about everyone else.

HSC
Apparently its DET policy to bring them everyday but...I'm reluctant, even though solitaire is good on those windows 7s. They actually tell me when I've lost.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
They are poor in practice but were initially a decent idea. The god damn student portal lags like madness it drives me nuts but I suppose we don't have much choice.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Apparently its DET policy to bring them everyday but...I'm reluctant, even though solitaire is good on those windows 7s. They actually tell me when I've lost.
Mine has been at home for the last 2 years. It has alot of dust on it. Such a effort to carry it everyday.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
They are poor in practice but were initially a decent idea. The god damn student portal lags like madness it drives me nuts but I suppose we don't have much choice.
My teachers don't care if we use them. Personally i would hate using them all day.

I am lucky all my teachers (besides my silly IPT teacher, but even she agrees) don't if we don't bring them.

Gigacube

HSC
Nope, I need to get used to writing more to improve my writing speed.

I find them very distracting and it's too much of a hassle to bring it to school and home. I do occasionally use it at home to type up notes.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Nope, I need to get used to writing more to improve my writing speed.

I find them very distracting and it's too much of a hassle to bring it to school and home. I do occasionally use it at home to type up notes.
Same with the writing. I want to be able to write essays and not get hand cramps.

I plan not to bring my netbook. My IPT room is filled with computers anyway.

With awesome subjects like economics, maths, business, legal you don't need netbooks so it is good for me.

Gigacube

HSC
Same with the writing. I want to be able to write essays and not get hand cramps.

I plan not to bring my netbook. My IPT room is filled with computers anyway.

With awesome subjects like economics, maths, business, legal you don't need netbooks so it is good for me.
Don't bring your netbook just for IPT. You're in a computer lab and the computers are much faster allowing you to be more productive.

rubiks95

HSC
Its not to big a deal for us if we don't bring them, but apparently for the people doing their HSC in 2013 and onwards, many of the exams may start going online and so they are "encouraging" them to bring the laptops to school everyday. They're trialing them this year and next year. Lets see how that works out.. :/

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Its not to big a deal for us if we don't bring them, but apparently for the people doing their HSC in 2013 and onwards, many of the exams may start going online and so they are "encouraging" them to bring the laptops to school everyday. They're trialing them this year and next year. Lets see how that works out.. :/
I would be so angry if i had to do my HSC online, i can type uber fast but I find it so much easier to write and scribble notes/facts etc. on the side.

Thank god I don't do it online, i hope.

findx

HSC
i would prefer pen and paper exams. makes me focus more easier.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Cause the HSC is handwritten and the laptops can be distracting, I barely ever bring it unless we have an IT activity.

rubiks95

HSC
Feeling is mutual.
Probably going to be disastrous... Just like the laptops.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Cause the HSC is handwritten and the laptops can be distracting, I barely ever bring it unless we have an IT activity.
I haven't brought my netbook to my IPT class all year.

I agree pen and paper is so much easier to focus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)