Thoughts: CSSA Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

Examine

same
HSC
I personally thought the questions were pretty generic overall. Other than the crime question which weirded me about a bit everything was fine.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Crime - 4.5 pages

talked about numerous cases of sentencing, and the legislation, included two young offenders cases (lmw and gdp - gdp in the appeals and review, and administration of a just sentence, probationary twelve months), ahhh talked about r v. ivan milat and his sentencing into the maximum security jail at goulburn due to the dangers of his crime - balancing competing rights of offenders, victim and society, reinforced my argument through r v. campbell 2010 where judge unprecedently allowed camera access in the court room - and how the judge in this case let the public interest override the administration of a just sentence, talked a bit about gordon wood etc, not really necessary but I also mentioned the interdependence of the sentencing and the trial, and that although the sentencing itself may be accurately balancing competing rights, the validity of the conviction may be influenced by the competing rights and may be unjust, which hence brings appeal and reviews into it

family wrote 6 pages -

did the first question, wrote about a lot of shit... including parenting plans, reforms such as family law amendment shared responsibilities act etc, used cases to reinforce how the practical law does not align with the statute, which exudes ineffectiveness - wrote more examples and explored divorce etc, and the dissolution of marriage - the court being the last resort which is effective, used statistic of 9.9% of divorces only going through the actual court

consumer - wrote 5 and a bit, I got a substitute question because my class didn't go through all of it, just used lots of examples to demonstrate how consumer protection is acheived in unjust contracts, through duress, fraudulent misrepresentation and how the law attempts to fix this (clear statute defining contract, so they have a medium to compare occurrences against, it's not just an inconsistent case-by-case basis dilemma) and common law to protect reasonable person (used donoghue vs stevenson here), used many cases, put occupational licensing into it, as a way of reverting unjust contracts through state regulation, highlighted ineffectiveness in self regulation - which is a challenge for the law

human rights
2 marker got it
8 marker did it excellently
5 marker LOLLLLLLL I went blank - I'll probably get 2 marks for this

MULTIPLE CHOICE was a bit tricky

for that strict liability offence, what was the answer?

and for that piracy one, there was one act (crimes act 1923) I'm like wow no way, its gotta be 1900 crimes act unless it was an amendment, then I just choose the other act (because it can't be the conventions since that's not an Australian act) :haha:

decent exam tbh

Last edited:

integ

HSC
What about multiple choice? So much harder than last years cssa.
I thought crime question was ok tbh
Whatd people get for strict liabilty?? Graffiti, drug offences, jay walking or?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
What about multiple choice? So much harder than last years cssa.
I thought crime question was ok tbh
Whatd people get for strict liabilty?? Graffiti, drug offences, jay walking or?
this question was fucked

I think it was graffiti because we did a similar question in class

shoplifting is definitely not strict liability, I googled it

brookemallard

HSC
N/A
you know the five marker for human rights?!? What was the question again.. haha i forget!

Kipling

HSC
Yep, I put jaywalking as strict liability...

A couple of the multi-choice were quite specific and random, but the rest seemed okay. The human rights short answers were generous I felt - no questions about the development of a certain right. The crime essay was similar to the question my teacher set for pre-trials so that was sweet. Options were pretty generic aswell.

Overall a decent paper, I'd have to say that this years multi choice was much harder than last years though

Kipling

HSC
you know the five marker for human rights?!? What was the question again.. haha i forget!
Was something like: How does the Australian Constitution promote the protection of human rights. Give specific examples

ncoul

HSC
Crime q. - if you neglected continual detention mandates, role of victim in sentencing and rates of recidivism in the prison system and circle sentencing, it's not good
Family q. (b) - I was pretty judicious in what I memorized and it payed off; discipline, parental neglect, shared responsibility (2006) and maintenance as enforcing parental responsibility
World order (b) - had to adapt alot, as I didn't even want mess with sovereignty - r2p as emblematic of evolving attitudes; instilled division in sc (darfur, Libya, Syria) and discussed changing ethical standards in treaties; multilateral compliance

I could lose maybe 3 marks for multiple choice

SharkeyBoy

HSC
wow bro I hope you fail your test

screw you

now my 100% is limited to 99

I hate my life

far out

omg

guys, if I get 99, can I still get a good atar?

please, help and guidance asap
hahahaha sorry to be the bearer of bad news!! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)