Thoughts on Pompeii and Herculaneum? (1 Viewer)

SuperMike96

HSC
What are everyone's feelings in regards to the Pompeii and Herculaneum unit? Personally, I feel it is the most boring unit yet.

Ajaxx

HSC
N/A
I actually thought it was one of the best units we studied, I just found it so interesting because when you think about the reasons it is important its actually quite amazing. Its a Roman town that literally got "frozen in time" and as a result has revealed some very important things about their life/society etc.

Then again, I might be slightly biased because I went there too so I may appreciate/understand that idea more.

SuperMike96

HSC
That's a fair call. I just feel that it looks far too much on conservation and archaeologists. I prefer learning about how ancient societies functioned, not about how the buildings were excavated. It probably doesn't help that my teacher and class aren't the most interesting though :S

sammie293

HSC
I don't hate it but I don't love it, I actually don't mind the archaeological side to it.
I wish something Egyptian was the core.
I surprisingly like Sparta, though. In year 10, when they were showing us subjects I thought Sparta was the worst topic.

ashbash4210

HSC
Hmmm I liked components of Pompeii and herculaneum like religion and looking at all the sources but it hasnt been my favourite topic

Ajaxx

HSC
N/A
That's a fair call. I just feel that it looks far too much on conservation and archaeologists. I prefer learning about how ancient societies functioned, not about how the buildings were excavated. It probably doesn't help that my teacher and class aren't the most interesting though :S
That's true actually I forgot about that part of it. I too hated the archaeologists part of it but really enjoyed everything else like you said such as societies/religion/diet/employment etc.

pscecelia

HSC
BORING!!! actually ancient all together is BORING ...every time I got to class I just wanna shoot myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)