Thoughts on Related Text for Romulus (1 Viewer)

anguyenh

HSC
Hi guys,

Can you help me pick between the following texts for my related:
1. Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian
2. Ninteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
3. Any other Jodi Picoult book

Comments/thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially if you think they're all bad ideas?

Thanks ^__^

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
I probably wouldnt use any Jodi Picoult as they as quite 'commercial', if you know what I mean... Try to find a text that is perhaps poetry or a film etc. Remember that the ORT doesnt need to have the same CONTENT or STORYLINE as the prescribed text (Romulus), you just need to be able to draw comparisons or CONTRASTS (yes, contrasts!) with the elements of BELONGING. So...the ORT doesnt have to be on the subject of immigration :) I have notes on 'Zero' which is an award winning stop-motion short film (12min) which has outstanding belonging elements and a variety of techniques. PM me if you're interested ($7).

mk27

HSC
Hi! This year for Romulus My Father, I did To Kill A Mockingbird as my related text and I got 14/15 in my trial! there's heaps of commonalities between the two texts...which is always awesome. You can focus on the relationship between Romulus and Raimond and Atticus and Scout. and other things, such as being isolated from the community and stuff!! Good luck! PM me if you need more help!

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
If you did 'To Kill a Mockingbird' in Year 11 Pre-lim I wouldn't use it as a related as teachers like to see that you have independently researched and studied your own text; get them in a good mood and dont give them anything to complain about in the staffroom...

Pssst.....(LOTS of students use To Kill a Mockingbird so if you want to be a little different.... don't use it. Did I mention the word 'LOTS'? :) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)