Thoughts on the test (1 Viewer)

ryan007

I left after the first hr it was so easy....................the 5hrs of studying each day for the last three weeks has paid off. Its times like now im glad to be of Indian heritage because all i ahd to talk about was my special curries.

Laus86

yeah, i found that exam so good, so easy. Had time to plan each response and everything. it was heaps good. :D

mayflower

i thought it was a fair exam. i thought i stuffed up the questions on the option on nutrition (q14?) but it turns out i did it right :)
first time i've ever written for 3 hours in a food tech test, usually i have 1 hour of sleep time

*BUCKO*

Same

tori86 said:
i thought it was a fair exam. i thought i stuffed up the questions on the option on nutrition (q14?) but it turns out i did it right :)
first time i've ever written for 3 hours in a food tech test, usually i have 1 hour of sleep time

SAME AS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMPLETELY

defiance26

Drivers is just a fancy word for reasons for food product development.... thought the test was alright wouldn't say easy like all yas.... can someone explain the question bout contrasting non-active nutrients and nutritionally modified.... all i did was state definitions then show characterstics and examples of both

mayflower

defiance26 said:
Drivers is just a fancy word for reasons for food product development.... thought the test was alright wouldn't say easy like all yas.... can someone explain the question bout contrasting non-active nutrients and nutritionally modified.... all i did was state definitions then show characterstics and examples of both
thats wat i did as well, i compared them like said their similar, hmm that wasn't my best question though.

bextahunt

Aww my teacher is soo cool. She waited for us till 5 o'clock to give each of us a lolly bag! Awww!

spooky's.gal

HSC
i dont know if i was right or not but for the modified/active non-nutrients i also said that active non-nutrients were simply added to unmodified foods, but by modifying them they change the basic foods. meh, only one q anyways
didnt think the exam was that bad
just happy its over!
no more food tech rah rah rah! *throws confetti* wahoooo!

Last edited:

^___ShabS___^

bextahunt said:
Aww my teacher is soo cool. She waited for us till 5 o'clock to give each of us a lolly bag! Awww!
aww how cute! wowy pops :D
our teacher stayed too ..

i found the test easy peasy ... but because i studied 2hrs before the exam .. i fucked up in the essays .. the rest was easy ..

tennille

HSC
Our teacher stayed back also...shes so cool. The test was fair. Not to difficult. The drivers thing freaked me out but i put down health concerns, convenience and profitability as drivers (hope im right :( ). Just gotta study hard for chemistry tomorrow...

Shmacka

Toongabbie, Sydney, NSW, Australia, Earth, Galaxy,
HSC
Yeah the drivers spun me out. I had never heard of them adn started getting worried especially when i turned the page to see 12 marks to something i had no clue about! Then i just had an educated guess and put down swot reated causes for a product to be introduced. asked my girlfriends cousing who is a marketer and she said that was correct! woot.

And it wasnt too hard or too easy. the active non nuts was a bit odd for the comparison thing.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I thought it was bad. I didn't like it at all. And there was too much time allocated. Everyone was bored out of their minds for the last hour.

Glad it's done though.

bextahunt

Labelling

Hey what you guys put for that legilslation requirements for labeling? I put like nutrition panel, weight, etc... but i had to make an "educated guess" as to what to put for the things that can appear on a label but wasnt a legislation requirement... I put for the non-legislation requirements such as ways u can use product with other products (eg yakult can be put in milk), links for info on nutrition (eg websites) cooking exampls (eg recipes including that product)... Is that about right??

dont_b_simple

All i can say is WOOHOO!!! food tech is over...never have to sit through a boring classes (where we copied straight out of the text book *yawn*or straight from the excell book) ever again....WOOHOO!!! no more food tech:)

Laus86

bextahunt said:
Hey what you guys put for that legilslation requirements for labeling? I put like nutrition panel, weight, etc... but i had to make an "educated guess" as to what to put for the things that can appear on a label but wasnt a legislation requirement... I put for the non-legislation requirements such as ways u can use product with other products (eg yakult can be put in milk), links for info on nutrition (eg websites) cooking exampls (eg recipes including that product)... Is that about right??
Yeah i think ur right. I just put stuff like serving suggestions, logos, websites etc
And now that i think of it that active non-nutrient comparison thing was weird...the question was a bit unclear i thought. :confused:

bextahunt

Laus86 said:
Yeah i think ur right. I just put stuff like serving suggestions, logos, websites etc
And now that i think of it that active non-nutrient comparison thing was weird...the question was a bit unclear i thought. :confused:
Yeah I agree hey! I had anti-oxidents and fibre deficiency... I chose the fibre deficiency... but like the package/label/consumer thing was a pretty vast question hey... i like wrote a whole page. But yeah, the exam was pretty weird...

I hate in exams how they like will pick the most smallest thing and ask you to write about it! I have to say the essay question for FPD was SWEEET.

greentree

yes i thought FDT was great!!!!!my class, there is 4 of us lol:) we spent that morning, or beforehand chatting about active non-nutrients for ages and there was like a whole question on it, our supervisors started reading through the exam and we all cracked up!!!!!:) it was way funny. i did the hereditry and diet question for the essay, although i did eeny meeny mini mo to choose!!it only took like 2 hours and i bludged majorly though it:) glad everyone else felt the same way about it

amy123

Food tech test easy???

Grrrrrrr. Am I the only one out there who thinks that the food tech paper totally sucked? Not only was it mind-numbingly boring, but there were some really random/picky/designed-to-catch-you-out questions (e.g. the whole comparison between modified and non-nutrient foods). And what the hell was with that whole food product development essay that was worth 1/5 of all the marks? Nope. Totally crap test. Very, very unimpressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)