Thoughts on the these subjects (1 Viewer)

Greninja340

HSC
Could anyone tell me how they found these subjects in Year 12:
MX1
Chem
Physics
Biology
Legal Studies

c8

HSC
I found maths extension 1 substantially harder in year 12, but that may have to do with my school as they had harder tests, I found the content quite enjoyable just the tests were crazy. I ended up dropping it as my ranks were too bad. It's good for those who enjoy maths, if you're just doing maths for the sake of doing maths, then chose advanced I reckon

Chem is pretty enjoyable, it's a nice balance between calculations and content, both of which aren't too hard. It can get hard for some people, I went tutoring for the subject which made it much better, but yeah it seems to be hit or miss, some like it some don't. I also found year 11 really hard (hence why I got a tutor) but year 12 has been pretty alright so far and I haven't needed to dedicate a substantial amount of time to it

Physics I absolutely hate, but that's because I really don't like the content and nothing clicks for me. If you are both and science and maths person, I think you'll enjoy it. Year 12 has a nice balance between content and calculations, but it got pretty complicated for me at times

I don't do biology but from what I've heard it's heaps of content that requires a lot of memorisation. Year 12 I believe has a larder focus of stuff like diseases, but I'd check the syllabus

Idk anything about legal studies lol

HSC
Love MX1 now even though at the start of the year i was failing :') but it gets a lot easier after you get a grip of things
I found physics to be more interesting in year 12, the content is quite heavy though, and there's a bigger emphasis on understanding as opposed to just rote learning. I'd compare it to a subject like eco, where you have to be able to apply your knowledge to random situations, so if you're willing to put in the time and effort go for it by all means

thinkinghard

HSC
MX1 gets better as you go along as @demonicblackcat says, it gets a lot easier after you get a grip of things. Physics is very dependent on the teacher, I loathed it in year 11 but I definitely grew to enjoy it in year 12. Legal Studies is quite content-heavy, however, if you organise your notes properly it's very similar to year 11 albeit with more content.

thinkinghard

HSC
Does anyone also have any tips for economics and english adv?
For economics, I find flashcards great for the subject's content then consolidate each module with skills practice and practice multiple choice. Nearer to exams, do some practice essays or even just practice essay plans to organise your thoughts. In the exam, annotate your essay question with definitions, possible stances etc.. for planning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)