Memorising essay questions for the HSC external paper isn't a good idea. Every year the questions and stimulus changes for BOTH HSC Papers 1 and 2. Unless you have been given the essay question then yes you can, however, this only applies for INTERNAL assessments, not the external exam (starting tomorrow). Even though I'm starting Year 12 this year, I'll give you some tips:
- Prepare your quotes and analyse the techniques for them. This is important because you can manipulate the quote into any essay question whereas having a prepared essay in your head for a PREVIOUS HSC question is a recipe for diaster. Memorise your QUOTES for each text and each related text!
- You want to memorise something? Memorise creative writing. My teacher tells my class that we should be having a prepared/memorised response for creative writing for Paper 1 and should spend a few minutes figuring out how to manipulate the stimulus into the creative during the exam.
- Practice two Paper 2 past papers (eg. 2016 and 2015) tomorrow and do this under time conditions. Try to write up an essay under exam conditions. You could try out three papers, however, you do need your sleep too.
- ALWAYS HAVE A RELATED TEXT, POETRY, SHORT FILMS, FILMS, NOVELS FOR EACH ESSAY!!!!!
- MEMORISE QUOTES AND TECHNIQUES FOR YOUR PRESCRIBED AND RELATED TEXT FOR EACH MODULE!