TIED 1ST PLACE: is bad? (1 Viewer)

rayy_bann

HSC
Is it true that being tied first place may not be good for both of the two students, as their assessment mark is the average of the two highest exam marks? With the chance that one might be low and the other high, resulting to an average assessment mark for both students?

In other words, do you think its better that students be separated e.g. 1st place and 2nd place with a 1 point difference, OR being tied BOTH on first place with the above consquences?

I probably make no sense -__-

thanks!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, that depends on who is tied with you. If you're tied with a person who has super exam anxiety and stress... good luck!

Bobbo1

HSC
I don't see why being 1st in any subject can be a bad thing, the fact you guys are tied after a whole year of assessing just shows that you both have very similar ability, and therefore you should end up with very similar exam (assessment) marks. I don't think the other person tied first would give up their years effort just to screw you over.Anyway there may be others in the cohort are very strong in exams which will give a boost as well. Good luck :)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
it would be more disadvantageous to you if you do better than the other person, but if the other person does better than you, then it will pull you up if you are equal 1st with that other person.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
It's always good if schools can avoid this. It can create animosity between the two students, especially if one student does badly and drags down the average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)