• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

time management in exams (1 Viewer)

iloveeggs

HSC
ive always had an issue with spending a lot more time on answering questions in an exam than most of my peers (e.g. when some ppl finish with like 20 min to spare i will only just finish). the reason i have been fine with it so far is that i am very accurate in terms of not losing marks on the all of the questions i do attempt, to the point where in some scenarios i have even left a few questions blank on a test and still gotten above average marks. so what that means for me is that unless i have a responsse prepared for a subject like english i lowkey work slow in exams and stuff like that

my issue is that if i work quickly through questions i make a lot more mistakes than i can fix in my checking time, so i am more inclined to take my time and do them all as correct as possible and take my chances on finishing the paper or having time left over. but then again im not happy with leaving questions blank or having less time left over than my peers bc that means im disadvantaging myself in terms of accessing top marks

so how do you actually speed up and have time left over in exams while still having decent accuracy? is it just practise papers or is there smth else that helps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)