Timing in the exam (1 Viewer)

danz90

HSC
For my trial, I realised I poorly allocated time for each response in Paper 2. I spent around 45-50 minutes to write 5 pages of our schools writing booklets (equal to 10 hsc writing booklet pages) for Mod A, then 50 minutes for a lengthy but sophisticated King Lear response... which left me only 20-25 minutes for Module C, which I only wrote like 2.5 pages for, and scored 16.5/20.

Apart from suggesting that we break up time into 40 minutes each response... I would appreciate any tips on timing myself in the exam to get equally strong responses for each module.

Cheers. :)

seano77

Walk On
HSC
If you feel you are weaker in one of the modules and still feel you can write a strong response for your other modules with less than forty minutes, then the decision is yours. I wouldn't spend more than 45 minutes on one module. You'll be fortunate to get 16.5/20 with 2.5 pages in the HSC. You'd have to write very small and quality stuff. Don't rip yourself off, give it 40 each.

danz90

HSC
seano77 said:
If you feel you are weaker in one of the modules and still feel you can write a strong response for your other modules with less than forty minutes, then the decision is yours. I wouldn't spend more than 45 minutes on one module. You'll be fortunate to get 16.5/20 with 2.5 pages in the HSC. You'd have to write very small and quality stuff. Don't rip yourself off, give it 40 each.
Remember... those 2.5 pages equal 5 hsc writing booklet pages, since my school's writing booklets are such that 2 lines can fit in one line in the hsc writing booklet (i.e. double writing space in 1 page).

seano77

Walk On
HSC
danz90 said:
Remember... those 2.5 pages equal 5 hsc writing booklet pages, since my school's writing booklets are such that 2 lines can fit in one line in the hsc writing booklet (i.e. double writing space in 1 page).
Thats fine but even in terms of quality there is no way you can write a good response in 20 minutes. You just wont be able to compete for those A-range marks for that module.

danz90

HSC
seano77 said:
Thats fine but even in terms of quality there is no way you can write a good response in 20 minutes. You just wont be able to compete for those A-range marks for that module.
yeah, i definitely agree. i've got to make sure my paragraphs aren't too long... make sure I'm succinct in answering the question... so I can fit each module into exactly 40 minute time slots.

Letters

Banned
HSC
Aren't some modules weighted more than others?

danz90

HSC
Letters said:
Aren't some modules weighted more than others?
Nah, they're 20 each. I wish they were weighted more than others.. I wish Module A was like 30-35 marks at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)