tips for 11 (1 Viewer)

Matthew3:2

HSC
hi going to year 11 next year (woo)

is there anything I should know before the time comes?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC

I suggest studying ahead in the holidays, no need to go full HSC mode where you're doing 6 hours a day or smthn like that but an hour a day on your first module/topic for your subjects, maths especially, will go a long way as you'll build good habits as well as be ahead of your class which allows you to coast through your first term without feeling too stressed or anxious.

Make sure you enjoy this holiday! Its probably the last one where you can truly slack off/enjoy yourself to the most if you're planning to study hard for your HSC.

sab13562

HSC
I suggest studying ahead in the holidays, no need to go full HSC mode where you're doing 6 hours a day or smthn like that but an hour a day on your first module/topic for your subjects, maths especially, will go a long way as you'll build good habits as well as be ahead of your class which allows you to coast through your first term without feeling too stressed or anxious.

Make sure you enjoy this holiday! Its probably the last one where you can truly slack off/enjoy yourself to the most if you're planning to study hard for your HSC.
I'd like to add on start writing notes during the holidays, it'll help heaps during examination periods.

may22

HSC
Firstly, ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS

Secondly, it's probably a good idea to get ahead on some reading for your English texts, and starting some notes on the first topic you'll be covering for some other subjects, e.g. sciences or humanities. Like previously mentioned by @ExtremelyBoredUser you don't have to go full out :)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Might not have occurred prior however, losing energy/focus and motivation from extensive periods of studying is the worst possible thing that can happen and it is extremely common in a lot of students undertaking prelims, even if they "prepared". It is unwise to expend all your energy in the holidays and enter school drained of energy "burned out". Personally, I studied Maths Advanced for 30 mins or so after playing hours on end on the switch and this slowly built up to an hour, then 2-3 hours and eventually a study cycle in which I did not lose motivation/effort in studying. This was in the last 3 weeks mind you, the entire December was spent on games and enjoyment.

Don't stress too much but ensure like everyone said above, that you do put in some effort in the holidays so you are better prepared when you enter school to relieve that stress.

nourished.

HSC

Start building good study and sleep habits early. Have a brief read of the content for your subjects from someone's online notes. And make notes on your teachers' feedback from your exams so you get a feel for the things that get you marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)