Tips for memorizing a lot of paragraphs? (1 Viewer)

Bob Jane

HSC
All the questions for my engineering studies trials will have questions directly taken out of the past 5 years of HSC papers, I have the solutions written and im trying to learn them now. Right now im reading the paragraphs out loud and it doesn't seem to be working very well. Anyone got any tips for memorizing multiple paragraphs?
Also my time frame is also quite short and im considering doing an all nighter as this is pretty much a memorization test. WOuld this be a good idea?

Thx

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it tomorrow?
Yeah the test is just memorization. It might help writing out the answers many times. If I was in your situation personally I would do an all nighter, but everyone is different. Not everyone's brain can function with such little sleep, so you might even forget a few answers.

This is the worst layout for an exam I've ever heard. It's not testing anything. It seems like your teacher or faculty was just too lazy to put in the effort to make an actual paper.

Bob Jane

HSC
Yes he is extremely lazy he also made the duration of the exam 2 hours...
This is the worst layout for an exam I've ever heard. It's not testing anything. It seems like your teacher or faculty was just too lazy to put in the effort to make an actual paper.

Bob Jane

HSC
Also realistically how long would it take me to memorize say 45 short answer questions. I have a week to the exam btw.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Really I would much rather advise you not to memorize but with an exam like this most people will, and you can't disadvantage yourself.

Realistically you don't want to memorize it word for word. If I were you I would memorize the key concepts that the answer includes. A week is ample time to memorize the key concepts. Don't try and memorize each sentence. Also considering he/her is too lazy to make a paper, the marking is also probably going to be just as bad.

Oh and after your Trials make sure you really do learn the content, because this isn't going to help you in the HSC.

Jai2019

HSC
does anyone have a report/essay/writing/research about or relating to children and online safety. its due in two two days but i have an exam on the same day so i wanted something similiar so i can use it as a scaffold for mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)