TIPS for writing notes (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I have heard how crucial it is to take notes during lectures + tutorials at uni. So what are some good tips when it comes to writing notes?

Thanks in advance

Gold Lion

HSC
I was actually hoping to use my netbook rather than pen+paper.......Fast typer ftw
Do many people do that? I would assume so

KarmaKitten

HSC
I was actually hoping to use my netbook rather than pen+paper.......Fast typer ftw
Do many people do that? I would assume so
Personally, I'd say yes! Best thing I did this year was buy one of those small laptops (already had a big laptop at home) and began taking that with me every day to uni. I found that my note taking was a lot better and more consistent and a life saver during exam time. My handwriting is shocking and I type much much faster.

So short response, hell yes.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Personally, I'd say yes! Best thing I did this year was buy one of those small laptops (already had a big laptop at home) and began taking that with me every day to uni. I found that my note taking was a lot better and more consistent and a life saver during exam time. My handwriting is shocking and I type much much faster.

So short response, hell yes.
Do you use it during lectures + tuts?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Most people still stick to pen and paper though. And if they are used, they're primarily used in lectures as opposed to tutes.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Even though typing notes sounds tempting, I think I'd rather write notes for the sole reason of maintaining a fast level of handwriting for exams.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
netbook hmmmmm...what's a good brand?

if i cbf, i will just write

amirite

HSC
Can you take an MP3 audio recorder thing and leave it on the lecturers desk thingy like a press conference? Do they not like being recorded?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Can you take an MP3 audio recorder thing and leave it on the lecturers desk thingy like a press conference? Do they not like being recorded?
good idea! =)

asif they will know.... i will use my iPhone :D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Sometimes the lectures are recorded. But if they aren't, and if you wanted to do something like that, I think you have to request for the lecturer's permission, unless you could do it subtlely.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Depending on where you go, lectures may be recorded (either audio or video) and lecture notes should be available online.

It this case, your better off writing the important stuff that is not included directly on the notes (like key word descriptions); and print off the lecture notes, and make you own study notes off them.

L

quit bos forever 23/01/07
Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin
HSC
N/A
oh my god you stupid asian it's not even the new year yet.

1. show up to uni
2. sit and absorb

3. go to uni bar unless you are at uts in which case jump infront of a train

4. turn up for exam get D or HD or C

ok cool

danz90

HSC
I'm not sure about the course you're going to do... but usually lecture slides/notes are posted up on the web before the actual lecture. Print them off and annotate them in the lecture.

Rarely do I see people writing notes on a notepad/paper. Usually people just annotate/write on their lecture slides/notes that they've printed out.

snorlaxx

Banned
HSC
exactly what i was gna say lol, i would seriously recommend this.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Recording it may seem like a good idea, but it's mostly a waste. Sound quality is usually low, and you usually have to wade through a lot of unecessary material. You're better off just making notes, and then doing your own additional research. Don't forget you can always ask a lecturer/tutor if there's something you need clarifying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)