To all Hatshepsut studiers... (1 Viewer)

BenPages15

HSC
Hey everyone,
I'd like to know your opinion as to what in the syllabus for Hatshepsut is 'worth studying'. I'm mainly referring to the first section of the Hatshepsut syllabus, dealing with background on New Kingdom Egypt, called Historical context. Looking at past papers I have only seen one question pulled from there, about the 'relationship of the king to amun' dot point.
I don't see how they could ask questions relating to Hatshepsut from the other points in that section, especially most involve only overviews of aspects of NKE, so I don't see the point in making notes for or studying any of the points from that first section (apart from the one i mentioned above).
I would like to know everyone else's opinion though. Is it worth using valuable study time this close to the HSC to cover the general, overviewing points of the syllabus? Tell me what you think!
Thanks

Thecorey0

HSC
Hey everyone,
I'd like to know your opinion as to what in the syllabus for Hatshepsut is 'worth studying'. I'm mainly referring to the first section of the Hatshepsut syllabus, dealing with background on New Kingdom Egypt, called Historical context. Looking at past papers I have only seen one question pulled from there, about the 'relationship of the king to amun' dot point.
I don't see how they could ask questions relating to Hatshepsut from the other points in that section, especially most involve only overviews of aspects of NKE, so I don't see the point in making notes for or studying any of the points from that first section (apart from the one i mentioned above).
I would like to know everyone else's opinion though. Is it worth using valuable study time this close to the HSC to cover the general, overviewing points of the syllabus? Tell me what you think!
Thanks
Treat it like it is named - context. Study them briefly just to get a basic context of her reign. Most of them significantly overlap with later dot point as well. If you also study New Kingdom till Amenhotep III, you should know it all anyway. The first dot point in particular in my opinion is the more important of the context one's, as that knowledge can be used to help consolidate points made about Punt, other trading and military campaigns.

As you said, questions are never specifically asked on the context, but other questions can overlap the dot points. After all it the module is on Hatshepsut, not the 18th dynasty.

BenPages15

HSC
Thanks very much for the help, it's really appreciated!

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
Same with Akhenaten, the whole first section seems pointless to learn beyond a superficial level.

There has never been a question on any of it.

But knowing my luck, it will be a lovely 15 marker...

HadiaWantIt

HSC
If it's anything like Modern History. a) Pre-Prominence b) From prominence onwards. It seems to follow this structure in Ancient as well. Worth noting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)