To and CC (1 Viewer)

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Whats the difference between putting a list of email addresses in the To box and in the CC box?

chris42

HSC
To is your writing it actually to them, whereas CC stands for Carbon Copy, this is for people who the message isn't actually to, but the contents would be useful to them all the same.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Kn1ght_M4r3
like a memo to the staff members or something?
Yeah

CC
would be to all staff and those involved eg secretaries, but To would be for the "main guy"

:)

It doesn't really matter, but normally you should have 1 in To and multiple emails in CC

(others can go in BCC if you don't want them to see others' emails, besides the To field).

Kn1ght_M4r3

Originally posted by Huy
Yeah

CC
would be to all staff and those involved eg secretaries, but To would be for the "main guy"

It doesn't really matter, but normally you should have 1 in To and multiple emails in CC

(others can go in BCC if you don't want them to see others' emails, besides the To field).

okay great, just needed to clear that up. thanx huy. =0)

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Thanks

How are memos sent?
Are they written on pieces of paper and given to others or through the net?

I ask this because i don't know whether to make up email addresses for the people i'm sending the memo or just write "All staff members"

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by deyveed
Thanks

How are memos sent?
Are they written on pieces of paper and given to others or through the net?

I ask this because i don't know whether to make up email addresses for the people i'm sending the memo or just write "All staff members"
Memos are generally printed and pinned on the companies notice board, or it should be sent internally throughout the companies network.

chris42

HSC
They are written on bits of paper and given to others, it's not an email. The only reason i know this is i did a question which said what is replacing memo's, and the answer is email.

chris42

HSC
Np's keep those questions coming, makes me keep revising :) so I have to know my stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)