TO: high school teenagers-the cold approach (1 Viewer)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Have you used the 'cold approach' before?
What do you think of this method of finding a date/friend/gf/bf etc?

I've been on the receiving end of the 'cold approach' a fair few times. I think it can come as quite a shock when a total stranger chats you up and then asks for your mobile phone number etc...

From personal experience, they usually do it in groups of three.

So feel free to voice your opinions about the cold approach, i'm more interested in the opinions of teenagers but older people can share their opinions too. :)

Sarebs

HSC

I've been on the receiving end of the 'cold approach' a fair few times. I think it can come as quite a shock when a total stranger chats you up and then asks for your mobile phone number etc...

So feel free to voice your opinions about the cold approach, i'm more interested in the opinions of teenagers but older people can share their opinions too. :)
That's the cold approach? Haha I was thinking of like the cold shoulder and ignoring you. I don't do the cold approach... by the sounds of it.

ay0_x

HSC
Yesss further explanation needed pleaseeee.

matthew91

HSC
Cold Approach is the best when you've had a bit to drink much more fun because you don't care if you get shutdown . Otherwise not so fun.

matthew91

HSC
I think what they mean is when someone total random comes up to you and tries to chat you up and asks for your number. At least that's how I read it.

dux&src

HSC
Seeing how some aren't familiar with this term i shall do as you say.

cold approach

To approach and start a conversation with a total stranger, usually with a romantic intention.
FROM urbandictionary.com

ay0_x

HSC
Seeing how some aren't familiar with this term i shall do as you say.

FROM urbandictionary.com
Well I worked at Hungry Jack's for about 7 months, I got it every night. And it's happened while shopping a few times too.

TBH I'm usually very standoffish (something to do with my distrust of new people and guys altogether) and have never given my number out like that. It does really make my day though, kind of like a compliment. But I'm retarded and insecure and never act on it.

matthew91

HSC
It's so much fun lol. But like I said only really fun when you've had a few cause you don't really care what happens lol.

dux&src

HSC
Yes haha gotta try that one lol.
I've had one where i was asked to share my bottle of water with them. When i refused in a cheeky manner, they continued to chat me up.

Pretty interesting to see how people use the 'cold approach'..

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC

Cold approach for a gang-bang???

Seriously how is it in any way a good idea for three guys to walk up to a girl and proposition her???

I've used the cold approach before and with much success. Not that suited to an actual highschool though because the potential pool is just way to small...

Also on the whole I don't like the 'game' approach.... all the talk of cold approaches, closing, programming, etc etc is straight out of a direct sales handbook... and everyone knows that salespeople are sleazy and leave you feeling dirty afterwards...

Also peacocking is fucking ridiculous.

matthew91

HSC
Some girls seem to like the 'cold approach' when you have a sense of humour about it like a stupid pick up line. It gets a laugh and a number and really helps break the ice and gets a conversation going.

Last edited:

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I'd never do it. I've been approached coldly (?) but I don't give them my number...

dux&src

HSC
I'd never do it. I've been approached coldly (?) but I don't give them my number...
Then i guess you'll just have to keep waiting for some decent guy to it hey?

Yeah, i haven't ever given out my number/contact details etc

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah someone tried that with me on msn or something. dunno how they got my email but I just blocked them. who knows.. it could be an old old man in disguise.

likewise, i wouldn't try this cold approach on someone else. how weird would that be :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)