to medical/health studnets, i got question (1 Viewer)

kooltrainer

HSC
im in yr 12 atm and im only 160 cm tall.. how much more can i grow coz i really wana go up tp 170..
what can i do to increase my height, can i still grow??
yes.. everyone says go do exercise , drink milk etc... but what kinda exercse can i do.. i come home from school at 4 and i got a basketball hoop in my backyard..
i play basketball for 30 minutes by my self?? that'll be very boring and there jus wont be any motivation if ur playin by urself.. everyone is studying and u cant go swimming everyday...

skipping? = l:confused:

plz help

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Quit smoking?

Supposedly if you're into serious body building in early puberty it stunts your growth, but I suspect that's not the case here.

A balanced diet is the most important thing, but unless you're seriously nutrient deprived, it won't make a huge difference.

You can't fight your genetics dude. Learn to love yourself. You're healthy and beautifull. No one cares about your height.

Last edited:

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
get a pituitary tumour? that's all i can think of. just make sure you get it while your long bones are still growing!

there is a procedure to lengthen you're legs and therefore give you some extra height (they basically crack your legs then attach metal pins through the bone and into a frame which is gradually wound apart - the bone attempts to knit together causing new bone to form)
it's a valid procedure for some medical reasons, none of which i can remember, but i had seen it used by some rogue doctor in russia for people simply wanting to grow an extra 10cm to give you an idea of how valid it would be for cosmetic reasons.

but i'm thinking you aren't likely to grow more than a couple of cm in the next few years, if any. are you particularly short compared to others in your family?
if so, that might be some kind of flag that there is an issue with your growth and development that could be looked into.

rozymisty

HSC
Have you had your growth spurt yet? Maybe you are genetically built like that. I dont htink practicing bball is going to help you grow taller at this stage of puberty. YOu are most likely going to stay like that for the rst of your life. Just accept it if you can.

i am 163cm, yes a female so we're smaller, but yeah i still hate being small but yu get used to it.

That surgery is VERY drastic. I dont think you relaly want to be bed ridden for 6wks at least straped into traction while your bones heal, and also they could perhaps crumple later on. Its better done in young kids who are growing up before they hit their growth spurt, and there is a genetic cause for them beiing small etc.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
mabbe ure parents are short?.. half way between ure parents height is a decent guide and ure normal height for a boy

thats the usual cause.. constitutional delay normalli reveals itself once ure 17-18 for male.

there are lots of factors.. lik nutrition when u were younger... medications used etc..

HSC
get platform shoes....

but seriously, i'm 160cm too, and i don't think i'm THAT short. i mean, sure you're not tall, but i wouldn't really call 160cm short. i think short is like, shorter than ~153cm. i've never felt like my height is a problem, cept for sometimes reaching things can be a problem, but i just get someone else to reach for stuff for me.

K

katie_tully

im in yr 12 atm and im only 160 cm tall.. how much more can i grow coz i really wana go up tp 170..
what can i do to increase my height, can i still grow??
yes.. everyone says go do exercise , drink milk etc... but what kinda exercse can i do.. i come home from school at 4 and i got a basketball hoop in my backyard..
i play basketball for 30 minutes by my self?? that'll be very boring and there jus wont be any motivation if ur playin by urself.. everyone is studying and u cant go swimming everyday...

skipping? = l

plz help
I hate to break it to you, but if you're in year 12 (makes you 17? 18?) I find it EXTREMELY unlikely that you're going to grow another 10cm. :)

eli16

HSC
N/A
well boys stop growing at 21 so growing anywhere between 5-10 cm is quite feasible 4 a guy who is only 17/18 at present so my advice 2 u is eat healthy exercise possibly think about doing a pilatees course and get on ur knees at nite and pray 2 the Lord and dw he will make it happen.

cheers.

HSC
Slow/delayed puberty? Hair on your muff? If not it's unlikely you'll grow much more.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
A lot of growth is down to genetics. Eat healthy, but if your family is short, it's unlikely you'll be 6 foot. Pilates is a good suggestion as it helps yout posture and will help you to appear taller.

I'm average myself (168 cm) and wish I was in the 170's, but I work with what I have and love it.

sev90

HSC
it is realli simple. Quit smoking, cafeine .. AND play BASKETBALL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)