Top 100 University Courses by UAI --> 2005 (1 Viewer)

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
its made up, based on the cut off's

and I've changed so Newcastle is in it

applejack93

thanx for doin that. I was just jokin with you anyway. I don't REALLY resent Sydney that much (hehe). So how do the sydneysiders (or others) think Newie Uni rates, huh? I know that for most allied health courses (i.e. speech path, O.T., maybe phsyio but not Psych) their UAI cut=offs are the highest in the state. BUt I'm pretty certain that for stuff like communications it rates pretty poor. Any thoughts? I'm glad I'm going there for a Health science (plus the fact that i got a $4000 dollar first-year scholarship helps) but if I wanted to do journalism or something I definately wouldn't go to Newie uni - you have to go to a sydney uni for a course that requires that level of literacy (hehe).

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
jang said:
unbelievable.
GL. u r my hero.

EDIT: please find a cure for cancer... then ill upgrade u to my superhero
My research interest is medicinal nanobiotechnology. Can I find the cure for cancer if nit doesn't? :)

berghousemaa

HSC
That "B" you got next to Newie med means you didn't get in. CHech the back of UAC offer of admission letter for explanation of your failure.

toeknee

HSC
wait so everyone puts unsw med as first pref. before usy med?
oh god and i thought i was going against the grain
damn means more competition
what if you list unsw med as your second pref and syd as your first then?
does that mean youre going to get in piss easier cause the usyd wudnt want to be a second rate uni?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
Idyll said:
not necessarily, they each have different criteria, so it depends what sort of person you are (i.e. where your strengths are).

at unsw, you can blow them away with marks and then you don't have to put on such a crash hot interview performance.

thats so wrong
i had good marks, but i didn't really prepare that well for the interview and ended up making up all this spontaneous shit and i know ppl with shitty marks who prepared well for the interview and got in

shafqat

HSC
N/A
Idyll is right in that at unsw its a combination of marks, rather than a hurdle system like uncle.
If you get a really high uai + umat, then you don't have to do great in the interview to get in.

shafqat

HSC
N/A
to reply to the other post, usyd is very competitive as you need a minimum uai of 99.95, and there are only 10 places. But I think less people would put it as first preference because they don't think they have a chance, while with unsw they do.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
sorry man that came out really wrong so i deleted the post not to offend anyone

mashi

Elite
HSC
finance co op 2005 entry has an avg of 99.7

thats Commerce @ UNSW

just for those interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)