Top Gear without Jeremy Clarkson? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

astroman

HSC
there was still an ad for the three coming to TopGear festival Sydney

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Well I'll be demanding a refund for my Top Gear Festival tickets if Clarkson isn't around.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Hopefully Clarkson jumps back on the show, but i couldn't really see it happening at this point honestly. The entire controversy is interesting to follow to say the least

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
To be honest i haven't found season 22 that great, especially the cheap car challenges...

That being said, It might be the fact i've started to watch Chris Harris' videos in the last 6 months and prefer that review style (More serious and technical rather than generic information the wider public would understand)

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Now it's time for Hammond or May to riae up and take the spotlight!!!

rawrliongirl

HSC
it won't be top gear without Jeremy Clarkson. it just wouldn't be the same :(

astroman

HSC
To be honest i haven't found season 22 that great, especially the cheap car challenges...

That being said, It might be the fact i've started to watch Chris Harris' videos in the last 6 months and prefer that review style (More serious and technical rather than generic information the wider public would understand)
i agree, but he doesn't like the miata.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad

Totally agree, 22 has been a bust for me. To me, Top Gear peaked at Season 19 with the Africa Special.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
it's still a great show, now we will never know which hypercar is best.
It's great but it's so obvious that they're holding back due to the recent controversy although the self referential humour about the scandals scattered throughout for the fans is appreciated. To me, the show has lost a bit of sparkle this season.

EDIT: P1 definitely. /Jennifer Clarkson Fanclub

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
That all being said I still enjoy having TG rather than not. It always provides great 'background' TV for me when I'm working. I don't mind season 22 so much (I'm only upto episode 4) but there were definitely better moments in seasons gone by.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
That being said, if at the end of my 14.5 hour shifts there wasn't a decent meal I'd be pretty f***ing angry too :p

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
not really coming from a guy that drives f12's and laferrari's it's obvious he doesn't remember what fun small convertibles are all about
No...

Maybe because he actually drives cars such as the cayman gt4 (which he raves on about) and experiences the proper dynamics of a world class sports car. The mx5 may get rave reviews because of its capabilities as a CHEAP and cheerful sports car but to say it is GREAT without looking at price is a bit far fetched.

This is completely understandable as mazda obviously has to meet a smaller budget but would you really buy an mx5 over a cayman if you had the choice? Forget this jdm fanboy bs bias and think logically, the mx5 just can't complete from an engineering standpoint.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
not really coming from a guy that drives f12's and laferrari's it's obvious he doesn't remember what fun small convertibles are all about
He adored the 86/BRZ and that's cheaper than the Miata so I don't think it's totally fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)