transferring and grade averages. (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i'm looking to transfer into BPharm next year, and i'm currently in first year BSc. my atar was high enough for pharmacy but i didn't do the stat test and therefore couldn't apply. the pharmacy dept has said i need a credit-distinction average and my marks are around that (raw) for adv maths and french (haven't had any significant results from psych yet) but i do biol1001 and basically everyone is failing and i just found out the average mark for the subject last year was a pass. i'm slightly above average (including advanced people), but in the potential that i fail, is that going to completely screw up my average even if i can pick up my marks to mid to high distinctions? (i've only been doing just enough work to get by so that is possible)

HSC
stupid biology ><

sorry i have no idea about the answer to your question, but i'm thinking about transferring to vet science next year and this would put me in exactly the same boat as you asking the exact same question........ cause i think i'd need about distinction averages, and well i'm not too sure how biology's going to turn out yet!!

:p

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I think transfer averages are based upon GPA, so a failure is going to fuck your GPA like nothing else.

witide

HSC
I'm fairly certain that they'll only take your ATAR/UAI if you haven't done an entire full-time year, so maybe consider dropping down to 3 subjects next semester (which is still not part-time). I did that last year and easily transferred to a new course for this year.

04er

HSC
To OP (Hermand): if you are certain that you want to transfer to Pharmacy, and you are certain that your ATAR alone will be high enough for you to get in, then don't do any subjects in the second semester. That way they will ignore your semester 1 subjects, and will only look at your ATAR, plus saves you a lot of unnecessary effort.

bio_nut

HSC
You are not going to fail BIOL1001 anyway.

I did the advanced one and it was shit easy, it's just it's full of kiddies who think rote learning is the key to uni Nirvana, and they all fail dismally.

If you're going that well in everything else, you should at least be getting a credit. How did you go in the aerobio report?

ps test marks seemed to scale up for that course

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
top tip: do 18 credit points next semester so you won't have 1 year full time

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
To OP (Hermand): if you are certain that you want to transfer to Pharmacy, and you are certain that your ATAR alone will be high enough for you to get in, then don't do any subjects in the second semester. That way they will ignore your semester 1 subjects, and will only look at your ATAR, plus saves you a lot of unnecessary effort.
the thing is that my atar was borderline so i'm not certain that it will get me through next year.

if it wasn't, i'd go with your advice. thanks though :).

You are not going to fail BIOL1001 anyway.

I did the advanced one and it was shit easy, it's just it's full of kiddies who think rote learning is the key to uni Nirvana, and they all fail dismally.

If you're going that well in everything else, you should at least be getting a credit. How did you go in the aerobio report?

ps test marks seemed to scale up for that course
we haven't got aerobiology report back. i failed both the midsem and end of semester (by one mark each, but the average for midsem was a worse failure than me including advanced - don't have stats for end of semester), but i still have ~50% exam to try and pick it up a bit (studying like crazy). the thing is that i've been to less than half the lectures and only just failed those tests so if i actually do study and learn my material i'll (fingers crossed) go well.

thanks though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)