Transferring from a course? (1 Viewer)

marko

Hello all,

i've been struggling to find some solid information on what is required to change your pattern of study once you get into a university.

for people that really want to go to a certain uni, i gather that if you dont get the req'd uai you can get into a different course with a lower uai, work hard, and transfer after a semester/year.

here's my situation: im sitting the HSC this year, and want to do a commerce related degree at usyd or unsw. there's a chance i wont get the 94-96 that's required, maybe an 87 at the very minimum.

if anyone could share some information on what course i could choose that is lower than the 96 but will still make it possible to transfer into the commerce degree and what kind of average's i would need that would be great now that the uac applications have opened

cheers!

mp3mojo

i think you can do any course then transfer the nxt year.

but some good courses to do, so you dont exactly waste a year doing subjects that you dont require you should enroll to B of Economics

marko

thanks for replying. lol what about usyd's agricultural economics@~81 uai? no i should definately make the cut for B eco at sydney.. unless i dont pick up a book for the rest of the year.. does sound tempting:D
say i start the B eco, will it add another year to the degree or it has enough commerce type units to still complete it in the usual amount of time?

thanks again

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
DUN STRESS OUT NOW

stress it out later, when you get uai marks OK... you cant predict it

marko

nah mate stress level isnt high, i DO have a fairly good idea of the uai i'll get.
just figuring out some options otherwise ill spend too much time wondering.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by marko
nah mate stress level isnt high, i DO have a fairly good idea of the uai i'll get.
just figuring out some options otherwise ill spend too much time wondering.
You'll need to put in at least 1 course preference before September 30th otherwise you'll be slugged the late fees if you sit around and wait until the UAIs are released :)

mp3mojo

try enroll to combine degree B mathematics/B finance or may its jus a B mathematics but you choose finance subjects for your electives. (btw its at UNSW)

cos i kno some1 who in quite the same situation as u & dats wat she did & she had a big chance of transferring in 2nd year.

for the first semester you do
1 maths subject & 3 commerce subjects (i think, or 2 from each - cant remember)

marko

ok, so do you have to do that course for a minimum of one semester or one year?
or does it differ between uni's?
cheers

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by marko
ok, so do you have to do that course for a minimum of one semester or one year?
or does it differ between uni's?
cheers
Yopu have to stay in the course long enought to get the right grades ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)