transferring programs (1 Viewer)

bitumen

HSC
so anyway does anyone know when i'll be able to transfer. i'm reading all this shit about WAM etc but i mean..i haven't exactly done any exams yet. do i have to do a whole semester before i can transfer?

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're HSC 2010 and you transfer mid sem they only consider your ATAR methinks. But after first year it's either WAM or ATAR the one that is better.

This is all done through UAC of course.

bitumen

HSC
bachelor of science

If you're HSC 2010 and you transfer mid sem they only consider your ATAR methinks. But after first year it's either WAM or ATAR the one that is better.

This is all done through UAC of course.
thankyou =) so its not possible to transfer, say, right now?

HSC
N/A
bachelor of science

thankyou =) so its not possible to transfer, say, right now?
Depends on what the transfer is I think. Transferring into a straight BSc from a special science program shouldn't be too hard, especially if all your current courses can count. Internal transfers into science are not too hard as long as you aren't failing everything! Go and see the science office (although be prepared that you might hit someone there who is hopeless!). More info:
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/InternalProgramTransfer.html

nathanf

HSC
i'm getting the impression that med science only exists as a pathway to medicine (which i have no intention of doing) so i feel as though i've chosen the wrong program. on top of that i'm not liking uni that much because a) 99% of the people i've met are asian (most of them have been SO incredibly friendly and everything but i don't see a life long friendship happening or anything. they all seem to be finding their own little asian groups) and b) it seems as though i'm going to be doing the hsc again, every year for 3 years.

basically i want to stop compromising my happiness for studying because i'm setting myself up for a lonely, empty life. i've always been ok with that but i don't think i can do it anymore.

so anyway does anyone know when i'll be able to transfer. i'm reading all this shit about WAM etc but i mean..i haven't exactly done any exams yet. do i have to do a whole semester before i can transfer?
With transferring yu would need a good end of Semester or Year mark that they would judge you on if you wish to transfer courses, if universities as well you would need a very good mark if the course is a high ATAR one.

But with your problem with making friends with Asians, if you actually wish to befriend them, just show an interest in whatever country they're from. I had korean friends at my old highschool who kept to themselves then I started having an interest in asian cultures and they warmed up to me more. But foreigners always stick together, even if they fit in well, especially people from non-european cultures in Australia, because they're so different to us sometimes people on both sides get confused and just don't mix.

Last edited:

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
i had a similar problem this last week. i was enrolled in socsci (crim)/law but i felt my other degree wasn't really going anywhere, as well as the fact that that particular program meant i had to do 2nd year law subjects and i wasn't coping with being the only 1st year in 2 of my subjects, so i decided that i had to get the hell out of there.

basically, i called up a whole lot of people, many of whom who said it was too late to do a transfer. but then i got directed to the head of student services in the law faculty, and even though the deadline has passed [i think it has?], she transferred me over to comm/law yesterday.

so yeahh. maybe if you just ring up a few people and see? and seeing as both your courses are in the same faculty [..right?] and med sci had a much higher cut-off than just science, i don't think it should be too much of a problem? goodluck :)

garrry

HSC
how hard would it be to transfer from comm/sci to engineering/sci?
is this possible to do in mid semester?

miaowsha

HSC
i'm getting the impression that med science only exists as a pathway to medicine (which i have no intention of doing) so i feel as though i've chosen the wrong program. on top of that i'm not liking uni that much because a) 99% of the people i've met are asian (most of them have been SO incredibly friendly and everything but i don't see a life long friendship happening or anything. they all seem to be finding their own little asian groups) and b) it seems as though i'm going to be doing the hsc again, every year for 3 years.

basically i want to stop compromising my happiness for studying because i'm setting myself up for a lonely, empty life. i've always been ok with that but i don't think i can do it anymore.

Ugh, people like you are the reason many asian students are scared of talking to me. Go transfer to ANU or ACU if you don't want to make friends with asians. Why choose UNSW for? Actually, maybe you should transfer to cofa where it's almost all white.

bitumen

HSC
Ugh, people like you are the reason many asian students are scared of talking to me. Go transfer to ANU or ACU if you don't want to make friends with asians. Why choose UNSW for? Actually, maybe you should transfer to cofa where it's almost all white.
maybe you look unapproachable. like i said, they're all really nice. i'll welcome anyone that wants to be friends with me regardless of their nationality, religion etc. but i'd just prefer to be meeting a few more caucasian people so i don't feel like i'm on exchange in hong kong.

bitumen

HSC
um another thing..does anyone know if we'll be able to change classes again on myunsw or is everything 'set' now?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
um another thing..does anyone know if we'll be able to change classes again on myunsw or is everything 'set' now?
It is suppose to be set, but so long there are spare spaces in that class they usually allow you to change, otherwise you need some 'exceptional' reason.

miaowsha

HSC
maybe you look unapproachable. like i said, they're all really nice. i'll welcome anyone that wants to be friends with me regardless of their nationality, religion etc. but i'd just prefer to be meeting a few more caucasian people so i don't feel like i'm on exchange in hong kong.
Leave UNSW. I'm not unapproachable. Just sometimes people say they're scared of getting close to white people here because despite being friendly and nice, they still have racist undertones etc. Like you, actually. ACU and ANU are awaiting your arrival!! Or maybe UWS if you like it wog or failed aussie bogan style ;)

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Leave UNSW. I'm not unapproachable. Just sometimes people say they're scared of getting close to white people here because despite being friendly and nice, they still have racist undertones etc. Like you, actually. ACU and ANU are awaiting your arrival!! Or maybe UWS if you like it wog or failed aussie bogan style ;)
You don't sound liek somone I want to be frinds wijr irregardless o\df race

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)