Transformers - The Movie (2007) (1 Viewer)

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
my god am i going to see this
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808716430/info

and i wanna see 300

and pirates cab

god dam i wanna see transformers tho cant wait lol those big autobots raised me up on cheese tv? or was it cartoon collection? i dunno

discuss

Sam.

bored.
HSC
It's gonna be a Michael Bay film. Period.

But nonetheless fun.

JiNxXx

HSC
Transformers

oh yes. they have made this movie, it looks like a piece of crap though :p for one reason. they put flames on optumus prime :(

nah, this movie looks to be totally and completely sick, coming out in australia mid winter (summer for the states argh at you the states) this movie is looking to be very promising bringign back all the old characters from the original transformers and of course making them look insanely cool

you can check out there poor website here that lags really bad, but has mad trailers :p

enjoy

http://www.transformersmovie.com/main.html

walrusbear

HSC
i'll be going later on today

total michael bay shitefest?

icecreamdisco

HSC
walrusbear said:
total michael bay shitefest?
i'll be honest: pearl harbor is the only bay film i've despised. the others i've seen range from 'very guilty pleasure' (the island, armageddon) to 'actually pretty decent' (the rock).

this is a combination of the two; a 2.5 hour bay-gasm that serves as a litmus test for your overall opinion on him. that said, the material's very well-suited to his... err... 'talents'. there's a bit of character development at the start and then it's nonstop destruction for the rest of the film. anthony anderson AND bernie mac have roles as token comedic black guys. females roles range from 'well-oiled cleavage' to 'embarrassing mom'. there's a freeway chase scene where an adorable kid says "cool!" while observing from his mom's car. shia labeouf glowers for nearly two hours straight. a kid actually says as he's running amidst a bunch of bots 'this is cooler than armageddon'. the world is two colors - blue and yellow. etc. etc.

alcohol would mos def aid the experience. you could easily make a cool drinking game out of it.

walrusbear

HSC
:confused: the island? pleasure?
meh i've never seen it. sure looks awful though :p

armageddon i loathe and the rock i enjoyed as a kid
ditto for bad boys

i'm sure i'll get plenty out of this
thanks for the analysis. i'll really be hanging out for annoying children now :p

drinking game sounds intriguing?
every explosion? every 'transformation'?
i'll have to sort this out beforehand

icecreamdisco

HSC
walrusbear said:
drinking game sounds intriguing?
every explosion? every 'transformation'?
i'll have to sort this out beforehand
drink once everytime bay cuts to action in middle east for tacked-on 'relevance'
drink once everytime a transformer makes an allegedly funny pop culture reference
slam down six pack when film plays at normal speed and not slo-mo
drink once for everytime a black person yells a mild profanity to their offscreen momma

etc.

spiny norman

HSC
Strangely, of Bay's films, I've seen all bar Bad Boys 2. I downright can't stand Pearl Harbor and Armageddon and barely tolerate Bad Boys and The Island. The Rock seems to get a fair bit of love, but I don't get it - maybe because it's the best movie Sean Connery's made after his awesome period from The Name of the Rose through to The Hunt for Red October? I used to think Con Air was Bay's greatest film until I discovered it was actually done by another. Now that's a fantastic movie.

Transformers - I was planning on giving this a miss because I was already disappointed in myself for having seen almost all of Michael Bay's films, but the reviews have been okay so I may give it a go. And it's got a ridiculously good IMDB score (the 8.5 currently going for both this and Die Hard 4 leaves me to speculate that the IMDB voters, flawed as they have been, may have finally completely lost touch with reality).

ICD's account of the scenes doesn't fill me with confidence, but then what else could I have expected?

icecreamdisco

HSC
spiny norman said:
ICD's account of the scenes doesn't fill me with confidence, but then what else could I have expected?
it's much better than i'm making it sound; if nothing else, the film is intensely watchable. the 2.5 hours zip by.

those imdb votes are from excited fanboys, most likely. 300 had a 9+ rating before its release, and then settled down.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Watched it today.

10/10 for action and kickassery.

3/10 for story(because I seriously didn't care about the love story, GO AUTOBOTS! FIGHT!).

Yes, I like action. >_>

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I seen it today. It's not bad. As long as you realise the story isn't taking itself too seriosuly then you'll be right. Most of the action is pretty good, though the fight between Optimus and Megatron (how can this be a spolier, it's inevitable) doesn't seem as heroic on Prime's part as when he fought to the death in the 1986 movie.

I don't know how it will go on repetitive watching though. And it could make a damned good drinking game.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Haha make it like you take a drink everytime they transform.
The scene near the end he keeps changing in and out of the F22 plane.

It was quite awesome, we had no trouble getting the ticket for an 8:30pm session at 6pm and not much of a queue.

I think the fight between prime & megatron should be more climactic. I really thought they would keep fighting until one of them dies unexpectedly ;)

pirates of the carribean 3 or transformers the movie when im on an outing with buddies ?
I've seen both.. I found pirates a bit of an old & on-going movie as a conclusion to the 2nd movie with nothing much new.

Does anyone know the name of that tank bot? I don't think they had it on the website.

walrusbear

HSC
icecreamdisco said:
it's much better than i'm making it sound; if nothing else, the film is intensely watchable. the 2.5 hours zip by.

those imdb votes are from excited fanboys, most likely. 300 had a 9+ rating before its release, and then settled down.
yeah i enjoyed it
best bay film since... ever.
i wish they'd cut down on the 'sector 7' storyline and put in more decepticons though

btw did you ever see that piece of felch '300'?

also
am I an idiot or were the last 30 minutes only semi-coherent?
i didn't understand who was doing what and why.
were they just fucking around with the cube until an opportunity came to put it into megatron??
was there any reason for it being on top of that abandoned building? (barring an excuse for setting change)

Last edited:

walrusbear

HSC
megatron doesn't have a whole lot going on in this
he's just large and mean

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I thought it was good, but the cliches were nearly killing me.

Black jokes? check
wierd "army" guy[s7 or some shit] check
obligatory romance scenes that look like they are straight out of any teen movie? check
no joke, theres actually a scene where his parents think he is masturbating in his room and the girl jumps out and is all like surprise! i think the dad is just happy his son isnt gay
little kid thinking robots fighting is cool, not noticing that he will probably die in the next minute and a half.

The worst part was at the end where they show all the decepticons talking to each other "starscream checking in!" Devestator ready to roll!" and shit like that. its like the director went " OH SHIT WE FORGOT TO INTRODUCE THE DECEPTACONS OR ANY PART OF THEIR STORY! QUICK MAKE SOME SORT OF LAME GESTURE!!!!!"

ok this post makes it sound bad, but i think half the time they were aiming for cheesy. Me and my mates had a great time watching this, and its something you could bring your little brother to see aswell. The military scenes, especially at the start are really off the hook[those scenes i loved the most, i wish the whole movie was like that]. The f22 scenes really show the potential of this state of the art jet, the explosions are beautiful and frequent and the acting on the whole is pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)