Travel Concession (1 Viewer)

I Study Hard

HSC
I was looking on the UWS website and it says that you can't be engaged in business or employment to get a rail concession sticker. Does this mean i can't get concession, because i have a part time job =(

VicerExciser

HSC
I'm pretty sure you can only get the sticker if you're on centerlink
na brah

» Be classified as a local student.
» Be enrolled as a full time student attending day classes.
» Not be in receipt of any remuneration (excluding Scholarships and allowances such as Austudy and Youth Allowance)
» Not be engaged in business or employment.
» Not be a full fee paying overseas student.
Step 7 Get your student ID card | University of Western Sydney (UWS)

manavji

HSC
N/A
You need to be enrolled as a FULLTIME student to obtain a sticker... you job etc. has nothing to do with this as your uni can never really find out where and how you work... so when they ask just say your not working (thats if they will ever ask).

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
NOTE: A fulltime student means you're doing @ least 3 units/semester.

just front up to the student centre and they'll stick a sticker on ur student card that constitutes FT student thing. As a FT student you can also have a PT job and get away with paying student concessions on trains and buses.

its when its the other way round (FT job and PT student) that you have to pay full adult fares.

comprehende? :)

-juLie-

meep
HSC
NOTE: A fulltime student means you're doing @ least 3 units/semester.

just front up to the student centre and they'll stick a sticker on ur student card that constitutes FT student thing. As a FT student you can also have a PT job and get away with paying student concessions on trains and buses.

its when its the other way round (FT job and PT student) that you have to pay full adult fares.

comprehende? :)
Im a full time student and have never gotten a sticker that means a full time student. The only sticker you can get is the travel concession sticker which you can only get if you are taking 3 or more subjects during the semester and you are only meant to get it if you are unemployed. If you have a part time job they will refuse you the sticker.

dude01

HSC
Just go to the student centre and ask for a concession sticker. They will give you a green form to fill in and give you the sticker straight away. Tick the bit where it says you don't have a job or whatever. They don't check.

Simple as...

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
Im a full time student and have never gotten a sticker that means a full time student. The only sticker you can get is the travel concession sticker which you can only get if you are taking 3 or more subjects during the semester and you are only meant to get it if you are unemployed. If you have a part time job they will refuse you the sticker.
srsly? wonder why i have the sticker and im PT employed (also do 3 subjects)..

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yeah, and you don't tell them that you're employed. The end.

Has anyone else from UWS gotten theirs yet this year?? Or is it too early still?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)