Trial HSC penalty (1 Viewer)

elvishtears

HSC
Hey, I just received my standard english essay results and feedback and it seems that for one of my essays I was severly penalised for using a related text not studied in class. Last year when I had a different teacher they commended me for using related texts that we did not study in class =/. Should I bring it up with the teacher or is he right?

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Hey, I just received my standard english essay results and feedback and it seems that for one of my essays I was severly penalised for using a related text not studied in class. Last year when I had a different teacher they commended me for using related texts that we did not study in class =/. Should I bring it up with the teacher or is he right?
the whole point of related texts is to bring stuff outside of wat uve done in class. ergo u shuldnt hav been penalised.

anne1010

HSC
the related text differentiates between essays. prescribed texts are much easier to do well in cause u go through it in class. related text should be of your own choosing. 100% bring it up.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Smash his head in because he can't get much dumber than he is.
Ergo, yes bring it up he's in the wrong.

enoilgam

HSC
You should definitely bring it up with him. A related text is something you are supposed to chose on your own. He has no grounds to penalise you.

elvishtears

HSC
Thanks for the replies, will definitely be bringing it up in class tomorrow. On my essay he wrote "Disappointing, use of a related text not even studied in class, we did two!"

edit: wrote the teacher on the paper :L

Last edited:

anne1010

HSC
Thanks for the replies, will definitely be bringing it up in class tomorrow. On my essay he wrote "Disappointing, use of a related text not even studied in class, we did two!". I wonder how he knew I was in his class, shouldn't the marker be unaware of who wrote the essay (only student numbers on the paper).
take it to ur english co-ord.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Complain to whoever you can because you aren't supposed to really do them as a class. It says in the syllabus "Of the students' choosing" and shit like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)