Trial Questions~ HELP@@@ (1 Viewer)

Kukudas

HSC > WOW
HSC
i am not sure but.. i think trial questions are bit like twisted syllabus questions;; anyways.. here is some questions i found difficulty with;

From Catholic 2006

Q1. Explain how the larynx produces sounds of different frequency (3marks)
i know how they produce sound.. but frequency o.o?

Q2. Use your knowledge of the Communication Option to discuss how faults in sending, receiving and deciphering signals can interfere with communication
(7marks)
What do you talk about? Myopia/Hyperopia?

Q3. Significance of action potential?
this is not in syllabus isnt it..?

From Independet Paper;
Q. i) Describe the method you used to gather information about structure of neurones and nerves
Use microscope etc etc i know this part

ii) Identify your results
Neurone contained blah blah~~~

iii) State and justify your conclusion
How would you answer question like this -_-

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
AND GOOD LUCK IN HSC ALL!

laika

HSC
Q1- ok..
if the vocal chords are tense, they produce high pitched sounds as they vibrate faster- therefore a high frequency. (also, if the glottis- the coval chords and larynx- forms a narrow slit the sound is high pitched.)
and the opposite applies for low frequency.
frequency directly with the larynx.. im not sure. maybe the above is what they were looking for?

Q2. id talk about sound shadow for sound and yea, as you said, myopia, hyperopia. id also mention the brain and its grey and white matter (grey for processing and white for channels of communication) and its lobes for hearing, seeing and speech.

Q3. the action potential.. haha, i came across that this morning aswell. the action potential is the potential difference across the plasma membrane of a neuron needed to generate a nerve impulse so messages can be transported around the body. therefore, its significance to send messages around the body..

iii) state and justify.. write your conclusion and justify with theory.. things you've learnt through this elective. say.. the structure of neurones and nerves is like this, because.... blahblah, which ia also supported by (add theory). does that make sense :-/

laika

HSC
i dont know why my hsc year is 2005. interesting.
anyway..

please help:

- "outline one piece of evidence that half of the brain is functioning correctly when a human is affected by visual neglect"

-impactimposta-

HSC
Q2- it is worth 7 mks so you need more than myopia and hyopia. posiibly tlk bout hearing, speech etc. mention each form of communication.

Q3- (wkipedia) is part of syllubus- they cant ask you Q'S that do not relate to it. action potential is not a major part but does need to be known.

An action potential is a "spike" of electrical discharge that travels along the membrane of a cell. Action potentials are an essential feature of animal life, rapidly carrying information within and between tissues. They also occur in some plants. Action potentials can be created by many types of cells, but are used most extensively by the nervous system for communication between neurons and for transmitting information from neurons to other body tissues such as muscles and glands.
Action potentials are not the same in all cell types and can even vary in their properties at different locations in the same cell. For example, cardiac action potentials are significantly different from the action potentials in most neurons. This article is primarily concerned with the "typical" action potential of axons.

also look on the board of studies website. they have a def there too.

Qiii- conclusion- what the neurons and the nerves do and justify that by saying how the structures aid in that form of communication.

hope some of this makes sense. cant remeber a whole lot bout the structures.
but just write the answer like you would write up an experiment that u did in class. (if you did ne). i think thats pretty much what they are marking you on- ur ability to be write up an experiment.

might want 2 double check this with someone tho.

Kukudas

HSC > WOW
HSC
o_O
that helped me hips.. thank you all!!@!@!@!@!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)