Trials vs HSC (1 Viewer)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Which is better for practice (for the HSC)?

I'm high on trials papers right now..

Estel

Tutor
HSC
HSC obviously, now that your trials are done.

But you still need to do trials, as you really only have about 20 HSC papers at your disposal.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
If you don't make time for 20 papers = 40 hours worth of study in mathematics, you're going to fail.

Rorix

HSC
Estel said:
If you don't make time for 20 papers = 40 hours worth of study in mathematics, you're going to fail.
o rly?

/me senses an oppertunity to profit off the HSC

jesshika

supreme being
Estel said:
bull shit .. .........

youd need more than 40 hours to pass ext 1...........hahahaha

steverulz55

HSC
Estel said:
get stuck on first question, sit there and stare at paper, get stuck stuck, continue sitting there for 2hrs, then move onto next paper and get stuck again.....etc, until your 40hours is up :p

grimreaper

HSC
Estel said:
Erm ok I'd hardly say thats the case for everyone. I did no where near that many for my trial and got a good result...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
grimreaper said:
Erm ok I'd hardly say thats the case for everyone. I did no where near that many for my trial and got a good result...
Why get a good result when you can get an absolutely outstanding result?

Estel

Tutor
HSC
"youd need more than 40 hours to pass ext 1...........hahahaha"
sums it up.

"Erm ok I'd hardly say thats the case for everyone. I did no where near that many for my trial and got a good result..."
Quite frankly, I don't believe you.
Edit: of course your study may have involved other techniques, which is different... I'm sure you would've set aside more than 40 hours for maths...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Estel said:
"youd need more than 40 hours to pass ext 1...........hahahaha"
sums it up.

"Erm ok I'd hardly say thats the case for everyone. I did no where near that many for my trial and got a good result..."
Quite frankly, I don't believe you.
Edit: of course your study may have involved other techniques, which is different... I'm sure you would've set aside more than 40 hours for maths...
I woulda done around 40 hours. But then after my first 5 papers I was finishing them in around 1 hour:D

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i did 3 hrs study b4 my trials and got a good result so psht! :p

anyways yea i plan to do all the past hsc papers... been doin like 3-4 a wk

grimreaper

HSC
I just think that as long as you absolutely nail each topic as you do it in class you only need to do a few papers to refresh your memory... For those wondering i got 82/84 for 3u, first out of a hundred and something at my school

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I did a lot of test papers but probably not near 40 hours, maybe because i finish them quick but seriously i think constant study throughout the year will mean you wont have to do 40 hours of test papers leading up to the trials and/or hsc

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Maybe I should clarify:
my 40 hours remark was purely made to point out that "ONLY 20!!!" wasn't an appropriate reaction.

Obviously if you've studied throughout, you won't need to cram like that.
But surely, "anyways yea i plan to do all the past hsc papers... been doin like 3-4 a wk" just proves my point... 20 HSC papers is nothing.

grimreaper... to me getting an 82/84 would constitute a failure if I knew that spending a bit of extra time practicing would've gotten me a better mark.

I should probably state here and now I've only done 3 papers :p

grimreaper

HSC
hmm well they were two absolutely ridiculous errors which perhaps may have been prevented.... however I still think that keeping up with maths throughout the year is better than just doing loads of past papers at the end. It also allows me to prepare for english more which I didnt consistently study for hehe

Last edited:

Estel

Tutor
HSC
I completely agree with you.
But then if you're going to maths throughout the year, 20 practice papers are going to run out pretty fast. :)

I have about 5 prelim papers at my disposal =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)