Trumpeters Unite!! (2 Viewers)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
hey skankit, can you improvise and all that sorta stuff?? i really wanted to get into jazz but you have to admit brass bands and orchestras are BETTER!!! :D

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
gen4 said:
hmm v. interesting i may know u. is turmpet geek a brass bandy??..i heard them talking bout NZ so i suppose they're with willobuy (sorry abotu spelling!!) i play with waratah. Who did u used to play with?? hehehe seeing orchestra's is seeign the light.. hehehehehehehe :p

Hey you must be Gen that really really AMAZING cornet player!!! Cos your in Waratah yeah and you used to be in Toronto? yay!!! GO CORNETS!!! cornets are tha best!!!!! and yeah im in Willoughby and i play rep in the seniors and principal solo in juniors

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
ARGHHHH i hate Gunnedah!!!! Im sorry but they use WAAAYYYY too much vibrato!! Hey Skankit you should join a brass band its heaps fun!! I love all sorts of trumpet playing like orchestral, brass band stuff, jazz and big band stuff, etc. But seriously i reckon you need to be able to play in all sorts of styles these days to be able to get a job. Like its easier than hiring 2 diferernt people for 2 diferent styles of music if one person can just play em all. ARGHHHHH the test piece for next years junior cornet solos for the nationals in Adelaide is Concertino for Cornet arghhhhhhhh!!!! Im so sick of that piece!! Oh oh oh and the open cornet solo is Rustiques!! which i played for my hsc... but i still cant play it yet so i beta start working harder.... Oh and the open trumpet solo is LEGEND!! which i also played for my hsc.... which i also cant play properly yet so i need to work on it more! Hey Gen ill never forget that St Marys band comp thing earlier this yaer where you guys dressed up in like leopard skin and did the full Lion King thing it was the funniest!!!

gen4

Hehehe i totally agree cornets are the greatest, this is soo amazing to run into band nerds (no offence :p) liek myself on here!!it's awsome!! heheh however please don't remind me about lion king performance a mometn i would rather forget!!! and i agree with completely beign over conertino for cornet!!!ewww and lucky hey bout rustiques!! althoguh i reckon i never want to play my hsc peices for a v.v.v.v.v longtime!!!!:p:p SO what's willoughbuy upto these days?? maybe send me a private msg (I hav eno idea how!!) with your msn address we coul have a chat... I've never known many willoughby ppl!!mainly... gunnadah(sorry!! :p) & mary's. haha.

skankit

im not the worlds best improviser, but im getting better :uhhuh:
like when i see how i used to play m like ewww i was so crap! at leaset now i can listen to myself doing a solo and *not always* think its absoute crap, i guess thats something

my absolute favourite type of playing is lead in a big band, of course ive only ever done my school stage band because i didnt take trumpet seriously until like 2yrs ago, so i never really did pau and stuff

yeah i wanna join a brass band, i reckon theyre awesome, i'll prolly get into it after school

i love all types of trumpet playing :) i reckon your right trumpet geek, you have so much more chance of getting places if you do everything...

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Our brass band was on the radio the other on Strike up the Band on ABC Classic they played pieces which we performed at the New Zealand Brass Band Championships - and in one of the pieces i had a solo in it!!!!! Tis quite unusual for a backrow cornet to have a solo but yeah i got so nervous when i was listening to it! I was like wow thats me playing.... hehe but my first note was reallly sharp!! And the adjudicator said that i played too loud and i need to play with more expression! woops! Oh well twas great our band sounded great - just a few slips here and there though but apart from that yeah.

gen4

U guys played aulderly edge didn't u??We did at state!!i love that melody(ur solo bit) soooo much.. sure u played it wonderfully!!shame i missed it on SUb!!

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
yes we played Alderly Edge!!!! Its the best piece ever im totally in LOVE with it... OH and guess what the test piece for the 2005 A grade nationals is.... TRUSTAN ENCOUNTERS! which was the test for the NZ nationals this year!! Woo hoo which means i dont have to learn a new piece!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
hey all, just though i'd tell you about a concert next tuesday that the Con at 7:30 pm. Some student (4 year i think) is playing Hummel Trumpet Concerto with the orchestra...

skankit

mad!

i love the hummel! i wanted to paly it for my hsc but i decided i may get just a tad tired :rolleyes:

im so excited, hsc is almost over and i can start practicing again! i havent practiced in ages coz ive been studying... stupid hsc :mad:

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
so.... are you thinking of going?? with could have a "Trumpeter's Unite" meet up :D :D im sure trumpet geek would come :p and Chepas, are you out there still.... you can come too!!! :D

Last edited:

skankit

nah i would but i cant... 3u maths on wednesday...

stupid hsc... ruining my life. 9 days.. 9 days :D

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
hi guys!!! i made it into school spec!!!! i can't wait, its going to be soo much fun, did you get in joe?? i really hope so!! and Hummel on Tuesday should be great to, i love it, sooo much better than boring old Haydn which i have memorised now so im a bit sick of it! right now im working on Haydn...(still), Arutunian, Lovelock 2nd Movement and Anna Karenina by Helen Johnstone all for my level 8 conservatorium level exams in late november.. hope you guys are keeping the practise up :p

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
hey my friend went and saw the Hummel aparently twas good...
i really wanted to see it ... especially cos im playing it right now (again) for my auditions, etc... arghhhh i hate the stupid lip trill bit at the end of the first movement !!

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
timyates_87 said:
so.... are you thinking of going?? with could have a "Trumpeter's Unite" meet up :D :D im sure trumpet geek would come :p and Chepas, are you out there still.... you can come too!!! :D
You could all just meet at the Australian Trumpet Guild's meetings.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
yeh i play the trumpet

i was part of the millenium marching band and in year 9 i went to china as part of the world university games marching band to play at the opening ceremony in beijing.
heaps of funnn
i went to 6 th grade AMEB before i barred exams to play jazz

put it away for a bit now, will get it out after hsc

pm me if u were or still are in the marchin band

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
gordo said:
yeh i play the trumpet

i was part of the millenium marching band and in year 9 i went to china as part of the world university games marching band to play at the opening ceremony in beijing.
heaps of funnn

YAY!!! WELCOME to our club!! :p
sooo your a jazzer are you, do you do any classical?
whos your teacher?
career plans ??

tis is cool!!! a new member!!

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
gordo said:
yeh i play the trumpet

heaps of funnn

hahah do you know Daryl Taylor from the marchin band hahahahahahah hes a funny one!

skankit

wow i should come on here more often, we got a new friend!! yay!

i really wanted to go see the hummel!!!! damnit! i wish youd said it was crap! stupid 3U maths!!!

i love the hummel, i really wanted to play it. did you play it for your hsc trumpet geek? i was gonna but my teachers like "no your too crap, yuoll get tired" which is true, i prolly wouldve..

im shocking, i havent kept up my practice at all, i picke dup my trumpet the other day for the first time since my hsc performance.. it was shocking!! but im all like "after the hsc (ie TOMORROW :D) ill practice again"

congrats on getting into spec tim, im so angry at schoolies for existing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)