Trumpeters Unite!! (1 Viewer)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
come in this thread to discuss fav pieces and trumpet and french horn related stuff !!

Last edited:

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
YEAH GO THE TRUMPETERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! muha muhaaa haaa muha aaamuhaaa
um......... sooooo...... who ar ur fav trumpet players??
im in LOVE with Sergei Nakariakov he's my hero!!! Wynton Marsalis is cool. Maynard Ferguson scares me a bit... are we gona have this full trumpet nerd discussion where we lie about how high we can play???? hehe i hope not... i cant play high at all and i admit it haaaaaaaaaaaa so there. hehe!! any more trumpet geeks like me around?!?!?!?!? we need to get some more trumpet stuff going

chepas

HSC
Hakan Hadenberg's version of the Haydn Trumpet concerto I like very much, or was it even Marsarlis who did it? I can't remember, such a looong time ago since I last lsitend to it!

LOL at the how high thing. That's probably what defines trumpet players as the egos of the music world, hehe. All about the nice sound people :D

So, what kind of trumpets do you(se) play? As in brand... admittedly (albeit shamfeully and being a traitor to Trumpetkind!) I know very little about what is good etc, except for the fact that when I meet other people and they play and the sound is just wooooaaah. I'm currently still on my first trumpet from primary school, a King 500 I think... <--- the brand thing also seems to be the big thing to talk about haha.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
hakan hardenberger is mad but i think it must have been wynton's recording of haydn cos he did a really really maaaaaaaaaaad one!!!!
haha chepas!! sameo! i have a crappy yamaha which ive had since primary school!!! except my cornet is heaps good - its a getzen eterna and its the maddest cornet!!! i love it!!!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
lol im on my third trumpet, started on a cheapo Bach in primary school then got a Yamaha Standard model now i've finally progressed the a Bach Strad 37 ML Silver Plated, the usual. Whats your musical background; Brass Bands, Concert Bands, Ochestras?

chepas

HSC
Ahhh, Bach Strad :p~~

Me = originally a piano player from age 5 to 13, started trumpet at 9 to now. Usually just bodgy school ensembles is me, unfortunately :p. I've no will, motivation or confidence to form a band... though PAU ensembles are fun ;)

What would be fun would be to form a herald/fanfare group, and get those long-belled herald trumpets. They're so cool!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
pfff! trumpeters :p LOL the arrogance of the music world...

yeah ok, i admit it. i'm just jealous cos i can't start an oboe thread :(

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
chepas said:
though PAU ensembles are fun ;)
cool what PAU emsemble are you in, im 1st Trumpet in the orchestra!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
ujuphleg said:
pfff! trumpeters :p LOL the arrogance of the music world...

yeah ok, i admit it. i'm just jealous cos i can't start an oboe thread :(
haha, just start one to spite trumpeters :D

i've heard ONE song by wynton marsalis, and it was ok
is he a big name in the world of trumpeteers?

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
so guys talk about your musical backgrounds, orchestral, brass bands, concert bands. Me personally i used to be really into brass bands and that whole world but no i am only in orchestras including the PAU orchestra and SYO philharmonic. My teacher is John Foster from the SSO and i hope the go to the con for B. perf. Well thats me ;)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
OH i lOVE John Foster!!!! He's my hero!!! Hehe he came to NZ with our brass band and we just got back yesterday!!He played principal solo cornet in our band. Anyway yeah i used to be in PAU orchestra and played reject 3rd trumpet.... and i was supposed to be in SWE but i didnt go in it. I play in school bands like orchetra, concert band, stage band. The best band that im in is my brass band - i looooove it! Its sooo much fun and we play heaps of challenging and exciting music. I wana audition for SYO and AYO next year, and i wana get into the con for Bmus perf or comp.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
ahhhhhhhh i realy wana get into the con next year for Bmus perf but but but but im doing real badly at school and im failing everything!!!! Do ya reckon i could stil get in if i worked realy hard on my trumpet playing even if i get a low UAI??!?!?!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
naaa, look at the con entry thread but if you do a really good audition and music skills test they'll let you in. im not gonna get 83 so i spend all the time practiseing so i get in (fingers crossed) ;)

chepas

HSC
I thought UAI wasn't really something they looked at? More on their own tests and the audition/interview? I was expecting more than 83ish for the Con though, mmm.... interesting. ..

chepas

HSC
LOL I thought it already had? Hehe... Top C, D on a good day.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
my higher register is crazy cos it changes all the time. Most days i can play a high F (if i sit there for an hour doing stamp exercises!!) but it aint consistent so it doesnt count... so i'd say high Eb usually. But anything above D sounds airy and yucky so i need ta work on it! Dont you love it when u get those days when you can play like really really high without even tryin?? One day i was just doing some warm ups and i felt like playing high so i did and i could play like double A's and Bb's!!! yaaaaaaay!! But that was just for one day :mad: .... i hate those people who can play that high all the time.... sometimes even higher!!! How do they do it seriously!!! O well my higher register is improving heaps cos at the beggining of this year i was having trouble playing high C's! that was baaaad cos it was silly and my teacher got angry at me! wooops!

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
hm...... we need more trumpet players on dis thread cos its always just me and tim and chepas ..... o well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)