• Yes

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

Rahul

Dead Member
how mnany ppl have a tutor?

i am looking for a tutor for 3/4 u maths. does anyone know any places where i can tutoring?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i got a tutor... it helps alot! i dont know where i would b without a tutor :)

Twintip

Yeah I have a tutor, but a proper teacher one and not a just ex-student who probably doesn't know the material a lot better than me. :p $150 per 2 hour session though (1 on 1), but it's worth it. I also get free maths coaching at school in the afternoons which is good too. :)

I got my tutor through family friends. If it's 1-on-1 and not a class (there are those too) then expect to pay that much if it's not a 19 year old or something. I really makes a difference though.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Like Da Monster I AM a tutor ...

I never had a tutor in yr12 though ...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Twintip
:p $150 per 2 hour session though (1 on 1), but it's worth it. I also get free maths coaching at school in the afternoons which is good too. :)

wow thats alot of money. 150 for 2 hours! my tutor is only $40 for 2 hours .... and its pretty good. yeah one on one tutor is great - better than a class as they focus all their attention of you... but i must admit it was pretty uncomfortable at the beginning.

yeah my tutor actually writes some of the hsc exam papers and is also a marker for the hsc... so she knows her stuff :)

try to get someone who does that... that why they will teach and show u all the 'correct' working out and stuff.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by yr12

How is the tutoring going by the way McLake? Are you with an agency??
It's going OK.

No, I'm not with an agency, I'm all on my own ...

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Grrr...i have an english tutor and a maths one and im going against my will:p damn asian parents:p and their pushy, shovy nature.

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Rahul
can some of u guys post the contacts for some of the tutors, esp. kevinexcs,

thnxs
i dont think its a good idea for u ppl to post contact details of other ppl on these forums (esp without them knowing) .... i advise u PM those things to each other ...

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Da Monstar

i dont think its a good idea for u ppl to post contact details of other ppl on these forums (esp without them knowing) .... i advise u PM those things to each other ...
yeh PM the details, it would be better that way:)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
I have a tutor for 3u/4u. I think you should get a teacher who currently teaches 4u because that shit is hard and you need someone who is very experienced at attacking all sorts of questions & giving you different ideas/different ways to do it.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by InfiniteQ
I think you should get a teacher who currently teaches 4u because that shit is hard and you need someone who is very experienced at attacking all sorts of questions & giving you different ideas/different ways to do it.
or get someone who marks to hsc papers.. that way u'll learn the tricks and the correct ways to set out ur work to get full marks and stuff.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ

or get someone who marks to hsc papers.. that way u'll learn the tricks and the correct ways to set out ur work to get full marks and stuff.
Aren't they school teachers though?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)